A deep dive into the revenue growth mechanism of the Hindi TV news genre

A deep dive into the revenue growth mechanism of the Hindi TV news genre

A Story by Talk Folks
"

The Virtue of leadership often has to go through a big list of barriers and challenges within an individual’s life and there are times when this big adrenaline rush goes to bay...

"

India’s Hindi TV news industry is currently going through a big pool of issues where they have witnessed a jump of just 20 % in the ad rates in the past three years even while seeing an increase of almost 100% in their overall viewership. It’s quite vice versa in the broadcasting industry  where the increase in the viewership’s has also drawn an increase in the ad rates over the past few years and this is something which needs utmost attention from most of the news channels around.


This is where most of the Hindi news channels are being blamed for eating up each other’s revenue whilst offering the lowest ad rates to all the advertisers. Avinash Pandey, CEO, ABP News Network, also put the same notion forward whilst saying, “News is hugely undervalued and thus news channels have been struggling.”


Although capping of the ad rates have been proposed as the long lasting solution to the same issue by most of the media personalities, its execution at the ground level is something which would play a big role in the same regards.


As of now, the capping of the ads is still a thought and there are only perspectives which have been put forwarded by various media personalities in the same regards. Thus, we can say, it would take some time for the Hindi TV news channels to come on par with the English news channels in terms of ad rates.


Avinash Pandey further quoted that things are changing slowly and steadily for the Hindi news genre as top notch brands like BMW and Mercedes are also realizing the power of the Hindi in the Indian TV news.


“Our Endeavour is to make the advertisers pay for the valued and relevant audiences the channel is offering. We draw a constant comparison of the audience profile the language channels offer compared to not just English channels but across media as well,” he said.

© 2019 Talk Folks


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on February 15, 2019
Last Updated on February 15, 2019
Tags: hindi tv, star news, abp news, revenue, avinash pandey

Author

Talk Folks
Talk Folks

New Delhi, India



About
I'm Blogger, I like to Traveling and News Reading & Update more..

Writing