Day 116 of 365

Day 116 of 365

A Chapter by Tara

A couple weeks ago Nikki got in a car accident. She hasn't got her Jeep fixed yet so my Mom and I have been driving her to work in the mornings. In the mornings I go up stairs to her apartment to help her with the baby and all her stuff. The roommate hasn't been there in the mornings since the accident. This morning I was looking my worst and I didn't care because I thought he wouldn't be there. Of course of all days he was there and wasn't at work. It was 8 am I just got out of bed I hadn't taken a shower yet this morning. My hair was in a messy bun and not the cute messy buns either. I was wearing old soccer shorts and a shirt I got from my school when I was in 3rd grade. I got to the top of the stairs and knocked on the door. In my head as soon as I knocked I knew Zach was going to be there. My sister answered the door and had me come in because she was running late. I stepped inside and I could see Zach was home and I just felt like dying. I hurried and grabbed my niece and the diaper bag to leave. I met my sister down stairs and we walked to the car. I was so happy I didn't see Zach I know it's rude but I'm just not ready to see him. I handed my niece to Nikki when we got to the car. Something was telling me to look up at the apartment window I ignored it. We got everything into the car and we were ready to leave. It was going good 8:30 am and I avoided Zach got to see my niece and for once my jaw wasn't hurting (when I sleep I tighten my jaw so it hurts constantly). There was something bothering me I was looking around trying to figure it out without being obvious something was bothering me. Finally I looked up to the second floor of apartments and saw someone standing in the window looking at me. I quickly counted the windows and it was Nikki's apartment. I recognized who was standing in the window. It was zach we just kept looking at each other until my Mom drove away and he was out of sight. Not awkward at all right? Just friends like nothing ever happened? probably not. A few days ago I over heard Nikki talking to my Mom saying her and Austyn were having Zach move out. I didn't think much about it at the time but now it was all I could think about. We finally got to her work and dropped her off. On our way home we passed a truck dealership. I was so happy  mostly because I love trucks so much. I always have ever since I was 4 and my uncle Lance got a huge red truck. It was so nice I loved it then a few years later he moved. Anyways I just really wanted some coffee so we stopped at Starbucks. It was now 9:15 am the lady that works at Starbucks is Stacy. I don't know her or anything but when we stop she's really kind and she makes the best coffee. This morning she was training a new girl. It took a little longer to get our coffee's but we weren't in any hurry. I knew the girl that was training today she graduated from my old high school last year. She was my best friend and one day she just stopped takling to me. I thought I had done something wrong but it turns out my ex which was also my Biology partner that year was dating her. They have been together a year now. It bothers me because he was my first real boyfriend and she's not good for him. She cheats on him and I could tell him but it's not my place to say anything. When I found out they were going out I wasn't mad because I was jealous.  I was pissed because she told me she didn't like him, he was ugly and a lot of horrible things. His name is Dalton and her name is Amy. Dalton and I were never friends we always fought. After we broke up a year later my best friend thought she liked him. So I talked to him for her and turns out he doesn't like her he was just being nice. I asked if if we could be friends because I was tired of always fighting with him. The following week we started hanging out because our groups were all friends so it was just one big group. We still fought but not as much we were always joking about things it was really nice to be friends. About 2 weeks later we got paired in Biology because we were the only Freshman in the class. My teacher knew we had problems but she never knew we dated. The someone brought it up to her and she stared watching us. I was the good student I had to keep him on track. We cheated the rest of the year I did our homework for the sections I was good at and he did the others. Now we're at the part he stared going out with Amy.  We sat right in front of the door and Amy stole his binder that morning. She came into the class to return it and she walked in on us laughing. She walked to the back of the classroom and watched us for a little. She didn't get caught because we had a sub that week. Dalton and I were working on a paper together and at the lab tables we sat really close. We worked side by side and we looked at each other and it was like old times. We just stared into each others eyes. Amy stood up and yelled there were some punches thrown. I never hit her or attempted to. She tried to hit me and missed every time. I caught her punch and twisted her arm and like the little baby she is she ran out crying. Dalton looked at me all serious and said," I'm sorry she acted like that". I looked at him and we smiled and just started laughing and making fun of her. After a few minutes we went to check on her. When we got to the bathroom I had to go get her. I apologized and she didn't accept she acted like she was coming out with me. When I turned my back she starting throwing careless but angry punches at me. I say careless because they were all over the place. When that happened out of habit I turned around and I stared punching her. She started screaming and Dalton ran in. He broke up the fight. Everyone around school said I won because she was the first one to bleed. I had a bruised cheek but she had a cut on her lip ans a couple bruises. Her lip got infected because she didn't take care of it. It was so nasty. When I returned from suspension I went to Biology 2nd period and sat in my seat. Dalton walked in a few seconds before passing period was over. He apologized and told me he didn't blame me. I apologized to him and let him know I would apologize to Amy. I never apologized because every time I was going to she would start a new rumor about me. Thank god no one actually believed them they were stupid to. Anyways so seeing her work she gave me a dirty look and I just smiled and waved.I have a feeling I will get a text from Dalton saying I did something wrong again. Then again I really don't care. Well I'm done.. it was all to much for today. I still don't know what I'm going to do about James, Zach, and now Dalton... Like what do I say?
-Tara April 26, 2016


© 2016 Tara


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on April 27, 2016
Last Updated on April 27, 2016
Tags: love, life, family, friends, dreams, lies, truth, boyfriend


Author

Tara
Tara

CA



Writing
June 13, 2016 June 13, 2016

A Chapter by Tara


June 14, 2016 June 14, 2016

A Chapter by Tara


September 2017 September 2017

A Book by Tara