Attraction

Attraction

A Poem by RTB
"

Everything will get better right?

"
In the start yeah the plan was you and I,
But in the end all our relations just need to die,
Me and you do not comply,
As friends yeah we can try,
But along with romance going dry, 
I can tell I'm not the guy,
So instead I kiss goodbye,
A farewell to our love ties,
And as the doves began to fly,
I know in time you will not cry

© 2011 RTB


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the idea of a completely consistent rhyme throughout, though it does cause a problem or two with rhythm. I don't like your particular use of the word comply, as I feel you're using it as a substitute for "complement" for the sake of a rhyme, and its use in that context is meaningless. I'm not sure of the significance of doves flying (maybe another forced rhyme?), but I think you have a brilliant concept on your hands here. I believe you could do so many creative things with it. I LOVE the last line. It encompasses the whole idea to me. Very cool way to end it, and that consistent rhyme, like I said, is almost biting at the end.
KH

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very, very, very pretty! It;'s short but it sums up all your feelings right there. I can relate to this kind of situation so I like it a lot!

Posted 12 Years Ago


"I know in time you will not cry" -A well ending.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautifully written. A lot of passion has been woven into this and it's evident. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well constructed. Very simple. And very nice. And I found it curious how you stuck with the same rhyming sound throughout the length of the poem. Sometimes that lessens the power of the words. But here, it worked nicely.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Short yet well-stated poem where to relationship just is not meant to be, the romance, the physical gone and perhaps a friendship, but here even that may be carried off on doves' wings. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well written break up poem :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


The rhymes are forced and detract from the point of this little piece. It lacks any sensible form of emotion relating to this situation. It's just stiff and meaningless.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow!the deepness of this piece in such few lines really is an indication of the writer's writing prowess. very relative, it brings to us in its lines the ugly side of relationships. the rhymes also really add to it. double thumbs up for this.
i love the lines
"Me and you do not comply,
As friends yeah we can try,"
cool piece.

"

Posted 12 Years Ago


A good well-crafted poem. forget the commas nonsense - a good reader will insert her own where she thinks best: to suit what she is taking rom the poem.
ATB
Alex.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

611 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 14, 2011
Last Updated on July 14, 2011

Author

RTB
RTB

Cocoa, FL



About
more..

Writing
Society Society

A Poem by RTB


Strapped In Strapped In

A Poem by RTB


Shattered Shattered

A Poem by RTB



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Brushes Brushes

A Poem by Robin


Thank You Dad Thank You Dad

A Poem by RTB