The Birds, a Girl, a Runner

The Birds, a Girl, a Runner

A Poem by T. Smeltz
"

Poem about being hurt

"
Running down the path the birds call, fear of being falsely intimidated. They call my name as I come close. They scream and cry not to come near. But I must, I'm a runner. They swoop and dive to thrive and survive. Night and day they must do this. If only I could speak their sound I would save them the energy. Like a broken girl from a heart torn side to side the birds remind me of her desperation. The call she sounds from anger and fear of being alone is her swooping. If only I could speak her tone I could explain. I could save her the energy. But the call is too loud. The crying too consuming and booming. I wish I could change the stage and take the sorrow or at least borrow it for a time so the birds could rest. But maybe this is the test, the birds dive as protecting me from a hive and the sweet sorrow that will come from ignoring. The birds are protecting their nest as the heart of the girl I broke. I'm a runner though, maybe I can go by fast as if a sonic boom blast. Maybe it'll be so fast she can't see me. Her tear filled eyes should buy me time to pass but how I do this and be so crass? I can not fix what I've done. I can not just shoot at the birds for fun. I can only run. I'm a runner. 

© 2013 T. Smeltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on July 7, 2013
Last Updated on July 7, 2013
Tags: Poem, poetry, writing

Author

T. Smeltz
T. Smeltz

wilmington, NC



About
26 year old male from wilmington nc more..

Writing