Of Desert and Music

Of Desert and Music

A Poem by T. Smeltz
"

A poem

"
I've lost sight of it all. Through my fall and the fog of the looking glass. Because of it all I do not know where I stand in this dry and weary land. My footing has been taken like a removed blanket in the cold winter night. I feel the song in my heart slowly reverberating in my blood. It is good but it was faster once. The movement of the waves enthralling through every pulse is slowing in retardando. The crescendo is too soft. The legato is too short. The syncopation is unwanted. Oh the song is off beat. The desert sands would keep count better in this heat. My body thirsts for something I continue to ignore or deny. But who am I to cry and defy the forgiveness I have been given. The song in my heart will continue on living until I can gather my footing once again. 

© 2013 T. Smeltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What an emotional journey this must be .. very moving, so full of emotion .. my heart hurts for him..

very nice write ... not to many people can write something so naturally that has so much meaning and so little words ... i enjoyed your poem very much ..

Posted 10 Years Ago


T. Smeltz

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing my poem. Sorry it took me a while to say thanks.
The character in the poem is taken into a spiral wave of emotions that does not fully understand and refuses to stop traveling with the rhythm until it has a full grasp of understanding and comfort of what is causing it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


T. Smeltz

10 Years Ago

Yes. It's mainly a struggle between me and my desire for God. But I continue to get in the way. Than.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 20, 2013
Last Updated on July 20, 2013
Tags: Poetry, poem, song, sorrow, sad

Author

T. Smeltz
T. Smeltz

wilmington, NC



About
26 year old male from wilmington nc more..

Writing