Perpetual Treason (spoken word/rap series)

Perpetual Treason (spoken word/rap series)

A Poem by T. Smeltz
"

My attempt at spoken word/rap

"
There ain't no reason for this sinful season. This perpetual treason. Except your own selfish ways. This gaze you have before you. To have the world adore you. And now they all bore you. You want more and more to buy all this junk from every store. But store your treasure in heaven. It'll be better then, instead of this running around getting caught red handed. It's all these bland men. These days caught in a purple haze stripped of their self praise. Selfish hearts need to collide so they can provide for their family. It's plain to see this is how it should be. Not grown men whorin around all over this town tryin to ground their heart in some shameless woman they found downtown on the street corner tryin to score, to tell their friends where they can pour their lust out. 
"It's this nonsense you call providence where I can't fully find my confidence" they dispense from lazy mouths cuz they're all stuck in the clouds walkin around all proud with their big heads puttin all that money in their cash cows. But if they don't change, their dread will catch them dead on their sinful marriage bed and be fed to the fire. This time is dire. Men you need to hire the one who can save you from that gloomy mire or you're gonna die there. You can say "this isn't fair. I didn't ask for this heart to bare" but you grew it. You threw it every which way. You used it to prove it that you could abuse it and cruised it to lose it in every direction. You boozed it. Confused it. Neglected the heck out of it to better fit the world you created in a bit. A moment you showed it and bossed it for the women. You lost it. But redemption is here men. Just say the word in that sin and then by God's grace...you win. 

© 2013 T. Smeltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
Added on August 17, 2013
Last Updated on August 17, 2013
Tags: Poem, poetry, spoken word, rap

Author

T. Smeltz
T. Smeltz

wilmington, NC



About
26 year old male from wilmington nc more..

Writing