Kayla

Kayla

A Poem by T. Smeltz
"

a poem for Kayla

"
Blue crystal roots entwine up through the chair. They reach for me with glowing power and mystery. Her eye twitches back and forth and scans the surface of the earth. Her eye green as Cheshire the cat's. Alice will you ever escape? Run through the computerized forest for my virtual fruit. In front of the green screen imagination lies. Cut her arm and heal by a kiss but save the damaged beast for kindness received later. A face that disappears behind smoke reflects in mirrors. The wooden boat shop sails with all its might through souls of torment and creativity. The white sails behind the masts push me on. Green as Kryptonite, the mask glows; his power stays forever. The trees tie their shoes as they march forward for joy. Their shields they leave behind and dinosaur skulls they find. A nightmare before Christmas gives me warmth in humorous despair. I wish the mind fueled by imagery might my body complete the pair. Tip toe on eggshell grains and sing movements of my opus. Cry to the lioness for the moon to speak and use tears to break the roots. The fingers crawl two by two on warpaths they did not design.

© 2012 T. Smeltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good story in the poem. I wanted to read more. You create mystery and thoughts with the strong statements and interesting situations. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 16, 2012
Last Updated on June 16, 2012
Tags: weird, wordsalad, interesting, different, poem, poetry, unique

Author

T. Smeltz
T. Smeltz

wilmington, NC



About
26 year old male from wilmington nc more..

Writing