Egyptian Chairs

Egyptian Chairs

A Poem by T. Smeltz
"

imagery

"
Classrooms of chairs among fearless friends finds me caring in times of confusion. Wind sounds in the hall for four seconds and magical ships fly from mermaid breasts forming signs of beauty across worlds where majesty is lost. Crying beasts are hungry for spirits and booze. They lay around campfires burning their fur until I see faces of men. Red eyes stare through curly locks of charcoal mirrors revealing me inside the whale. Green pendants of elves; in their language they write contextual criticisms in libraries of Egypt. Hollow graves cripple the already limp for fear that they will never wake up. Books upon books they call, to laminate them so to live forever.

© 2012 T. Smeltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I had a lot of fun with this one, I think you did to, it's definatly got vivid imagery.
Cool poem. I'll review more of your older work as is my custom, people tend not to bother going a few pages back, why? Some of the gems are there.

Posted 10 Years Ago


You know how to make words work and create story and vision. You could write a powerful book with the ideas and thoughts in the poem. I like the vision of people, beast and books. A good place to be. Thank you for the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2012
Last Updated on June 16, 2012
Tags: weird, wordsalad, interesting, different, poem, poetry, unique

Author

T. Smeltz
T. Smeltz

wilmington, NC



About
26 year old male from wilmington nc more..

Writing