Missing the Meanings/Hope

Missing the Meanings/Hope

A Poem by T. Smeltz
"

A poem about not knowing.

"
I don't know what it means to be human.  I know what it means to be in emotional agony and logical entropy. I don't know what it means to be a person.  I know what it means to have a disjunct and confusing personality.  I don't know what it means to be a son.  I know what it means to be a child.  I don't know what it means to have parents.  I know what it means to take from those who care for me.  I don't know what it means to be loved, though I am.  I know what it means to have things given to me just because and I don't give it a second thought.  I don't know what it means to love.  I know what it means to take, to lust, to obsess, to desire, to covet, to fantasize, and to be infatuated by.  I don't know what it means to be a friend.  I know what it means to be selfish, alone, and isolated.  I don't know what it means to pay bills. I know what it means to pay a bill and pray that someone will cover the rest.  I don't know what it means to be created in His image.  I know what it means to be unholy, ungodly, and dehumanized.  I don't know what it means to humble.  I know what it means to be ashamed and then proud.  I don't know what it means to be me. I do know what it means to not want to be me.  
However, I do know what it means to have hope. I don't know what it means to be hopeless.  I do know what it means to fight.  I don't know what it means to cower or back down.  I do know what it means to be saved. I don't know what it means to be condemned. And lastly, I do know what it means to be thankful because I know that I'm not done living.

© 2012 T. Smeltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

hey i loved this poem, series of emotions, but above all i loved the last line I do 'know what it means to be thankful because I know that I'm not done living.', awesome write, keep sharing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a powerful write on keeping faith and hope alive.. You take the reader on quite a journey..xo well written..x

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

T. Smeltz

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your review. It means a lot ;)
Lily Mae

11 Years Ago

Your welcome..anytime..x
T. Smeltz

11 Years Ago

;)
I love the honesty of ones own limitations in this write, perhaps knowing how to be thankful will teach you the things you have not learned yet. I very much enjoyed this poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 21, 2012
Last Updated on June 23, 2012
Tags: poetry, poem, dark, hopeful, God, Christianity, Christian

Author

T. Smeltz
T. Smeltz

wilmington, NC



About
26 year old male from wilmington nc more..

Writing