Oh My Dear

Oh My Dear

A Story by Taylor Ann
"

Inspired by a song <3

"

      I sat on the piano bench. Every muscle in my body hurt. I clenched my jaw, my hands falling on the keys. A loud clash of notes played as tears blurred my vision. My breathing became heavy as a tear slipped down my cheek. A muffled sob escaped my lips as I brought my face to my hands. My breath came out in quick gasps as I cried.

      There was a creak from the floorboards behind me. I didn’t bother to look back. Suddenly he sat beside me on the bench. His body heat warmed me up as his fingers brushed against my wrist.

      “Taylor,” he whispered. His voice was low, and full of concern.

      I was quiet.

      He pulled my hands away from my face. I glanced up into his eyes, and saw myself reflected in his swirling green irises. He gazed down at me, his breath rolling over my cheeks causing them to blaze awake.

      “Are you alright?” He asked.

      I bit my lip, a single tear cascading down my face. He reached out his hand, wiping the tear away. “Everything is going to be alright,” he whispered.

      A heavy cry choked me. I tried suppressing the sob, but it managed to work its way up my throat. It came out in a loud gasp, as I broke down in his arms. He wrapped his comforting arms around my waist pulling me closer to him. I dug my face into his shoulder as tears soaked his jacket.

      “There’s something that I have to say,” I murmured. I cried, “But I can’t because I’m just so afraid.”

      He held me as I started to shake. I couldn’t find my voice which was lost in my sorrow. The fear was too heavily weighted in my chest. I slowly lifted my head from his chest, I said, “I just don’t think that you’ll understand. You’ll never look at me that way again, if you knew what I did.”

      He watched me as tears fell from my eyes, soaking my cheeks. My voice was barely audible.

      As I finished he gazed down at me, his eyes glassed over. His irises reflected the lies, while the hurt burned in his pupils. He was silent, reaching his hand out towards my face. He pushed a few strands of hair behind my ear as he caressed my cheek. “I’ll never love you more even now, though I know what you did.”

      I clenched my fingers, freshly shed tears rolling down my face. Suddenly his lips met mine, and I could feel the love as he kissed me gently. His kiss was sweet, as his lips moved to my cheeks, kissing each tear as they fell from my eyes.

      “Oh, my dear,” he whispered. His lips pressed against my forehead, “I’ll wait for you. Grace tonight will pull us through.” He embraced me tightly, “Until the tears have left your eyes, until the fear can sleep at night. Until the demons that you’re scared of disappear inside.” He rested his forehead against mine, “Until this guilt begins to crack, and the weight falls from your back. Oh my dear,” he murmured, “I’ll keep you in my arms, tonight.”

      I hugged him, the guilt slipping through my fingers as though grains of sand. I tightened my fingers around his arms, never wanting him to leave my side.

      “Oh my dear, I’ll keep you in my arms tonight.”

© 2012 Taylor Ann


Author's Note

Taylor Ann
When I hear a song the scene always plays before my eyes. Lately I've been listening to a song called 'Oh My Dear' by Tenth Avenue North. It is a beautiful song, one that inspired this piece. I took a few of the lyrics and intertwined them into the story.
Enjoy.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really captivating. I was a bit lost in the beginning, because it seems so...short and cut off but now that I see it is in tandem with a song...it makes sense. Very lovely!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Taylor Ann

10 Years Ago

I'm glad that you were able to understand it. Thank you for the review.
I love this story! I pictured like a scene from a movie, it was so vivid! Great story, I love your writing :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I love yours too ;D
Love Love LOVE!!! I could picture this the whole time I was reading it. And I love how you had him say the lyrics to the song. So sweet. Keep it up! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)
Well writen And a great song

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

Thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2012
Last Updated on October 1, 2012

Author

Taylor Ann
Taylor Ann

Where I Can Be Me, WI



About
You are beautiful, just the way you are more..

Writing
Stranger Stranger

A Poem by Taylor Ann


Stage. Stage.

A Poem by Taylor Ann



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..