Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Brittany Ba

I hate airports. The sound of aircraft and smell of petrol make me sick. Airports are always stories of how loved ones meet after years and years, or maybe a terrorist attack happens. It especially doesn’t help that I’m a Greek mythologist. I seriously believe in Greek mythology, partly because I am an immortal.

You probably haven’t heard of me. I’m not a huge part of history or anything, I’m Zeus and Hera’s son. Well, maybe I should start from the beginning. 

There was great rejoicing when I was born. Apollo made the sun shine especially bright, and Dionysus, well, he tried to make it rain, but Father talked him out of it. I don’t remember the exact day, but the year was 1478. As I slowly grew older, I kept thinking of how great the human world must be. My father would never talk about it, only saying “You are not ready.” But when I reached the physical age of 20, Mother took me aside.
“I know how badly you want to go down there, but you mustn’t. It’s a dangerous world now, and the humans no longer worship nor believe in us.”
“Mother what year is it?” I asked innocently.
“2000” she said absentmindedly.
“So is it a new generation?” She nodded once. I made up my mind.

I pack my new backpack that Father had brought me from a place called “Carlton’s”  with all of my belongings. It wasn’t much, Moralltach, my foldable sword from Aengus when he visited,  a common shield, some balms from Asclepius and some modern clothes that Hermes had gotten for me. I snuck out of my room and quietly crept down the hall to my parent’s room. Both were at the feast of Zeus’s birthday, March 23rd.  Opening the newly oiled door, I scanned the room for the hook I knew was there. Spotting it, I slipped off the old-fashioned key that always hung there and ran quietly to the door that I had never opened. Here it was, the door to the human world, so innocently closed. I opened the door and snuck down the stairs, beneath the clouds, till I finally set foot in the place of my dreams.

Noise blared all around me. Bright lights blinded me as I squinted to see where I was. Had I mistakenly lost my way? No, but that was impossible. 
“Oi, pretty boy, get out of the middle of the road!” shouted an unfamiliar voice. Squinting through the light, I saw bright yellow and black glaring back at me. Ah, so this was a taxi. Apparently, you payed them and they took you places. Of course, these humans were so outdated that they didn’t own Pegasus here. 
“Excuse me kind man, but could you take me somewhere?” The cabbies face softened considerably. "Sure kid. Hop in!" I quickly ran to the car and hopped in.
"What's the most popular place to go?" I asked him. The cabbie frowned then said,
"Franklin Airport!"


© 2012 Brittany Ba


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Read this heaps cause its so amazing! This was for english last year ae?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
1 Review
Added on September 24, 2011
Last Updated on March 27, 2012


Author

Brittany Ba
Brittany Ba

Te Awamutu, Waikato, New Zealand



About
Hey. I'm a teenage girl with a weird imagination and who writes whatever comes into her head. I am slightly emo, which doesn't mean I am depressed. I like lots of things, including anime, fantasy book.. more..

Writing
1 Chapter 1 Chapter

A Chapter by Brittany Ba


2 Chapter 2 Chapter

A Chapter by Brittany Ba


3 Chapter 3 Chapter

A Chapter by Brittany Ba