Chapter2

Chapter2

A Chapter by Brittany Ba

And that was how I ended up here. Next time, I would know to actually concentrate on what my teachers were saying, instead of daydreaming of those wood nymphs… They’re really good dancers, aren’t they? Of course, I was always the optimist, so I could finally try out that new fangled ‘airplane’ that Aether had been talking about. I’m really surprised that humans know how to fly. I mean, they’re so stupid that they’re creating machines to destroy the Earth. I heard that Gaia is trying to stop them lately, but it’s not really working.
While I charmed the girl on duty to give me a free ticket, out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw Hermes. Of course he would be here, on errands for my father, or plotting betrayal against my father.  It didn’t matter anyway. Once I was done with the hostess, I made my way to the seats. They were hard and plastic, and quite horrible. I took my backpack off my shoulders, laying it by my leg. Closing my eyes for a second, I saw another glint of some sort out of the corner of my eye.  I instantly opened my eyes and reached for my bag. But it wasn’t there anymore. Damn Hermes and his light feet to Hades’ Underworld.
As I ran through the crowd to chase the traitor, I turned back to check that he hadn’t done a loop. HE wasn’t there, but my bag was. It might have been an illusion, but it could be a part of his plan for me. I quickly sprinted back, ignoring the stares of the crowd, and grabbed the bag. I instantly knew that it wasn’t mine, it was too light, but at least it wasn’t an illusion. 
Running out of the front of the airport, fake bag bouncing on my back, I scanned the horizon. There he was, jogging into the sky with his winged shoes. Damn, how was I supposed to catch him now? I had an idea, and pulled the bag off of my back. “Come and catch me” I read on a piece of parchment, attached conveniently to a pair of winged shoes.
“Game on,” I said.
Clicking my shoes, feeling like Dorothy, I sailed into the air. Hermes was fading fast into the horizon.
“Huh, nice try,” I said under my breath. He had been teaching me for years, and I was as good as my teacher.  Treading on the breeze, I flew after him and swiftly caught up to him. 
“Why did you steal my bag?”  I shouted over the wind. 
“We’re teaching you a lesson,” he said.
“You mean… Father put you up to this?” Hermes winked slyly.
“You’re a quick learner, kid.” He turned back around and landed on the stairs. Jogging up them, he opened the door. “Since I’m nice, I’ll give you some advice. There are others like you, many more, but not all are as nice.  Remember what I and your teachers have taught you. And finally, say hello to Artemis for me.” He slipped inside, closing the door behind him. I ran after him, yanking on the door. But it was locked. My hands slammed loudly on the door, most certainly echoing throughout Olympus.
“Mother! Father!” I yelled. The door stayed locked. “Mother!” I screamed, bursting into tears. How could everyone do this to me? My family and the elders, yes, I understood. But my friends, Comus, Methe and the Dioscuri? I was alone in the human world, an unknown world.


© 2012 Brittany Ba


Author's Note

Brittany Ba
Please comment on my writing, tell me what's wrong or what needs to be changed!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great stuff! Keep it up you writing wizard! XD

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on March 27, 2012


Author

Brittany Ba
Brittany Ba

Te Awamutu, Waikato, New Zealand



About
Hey. I'm a teenage girl with a weird imagination and who writes whatever comes into her head. I am slightly emo, which doesn't mean I am depressed. I like lots of things, including anime, fantasy book.. more..

Writing
1 Chapter 1 Chapter

A Chapter by Brittany Ba


2 Chapter 2 Chapter

A Chapter by Brittany Ba


3 Chapter 3 Chapter

A Chapter by Brittany Ba