Finding Silence

Finding Silence

A Story by theresa
"

Do we use sound to silence the voice within.

"

Be Inspired with Theresa: Do we notice how much sound is part of daily lives? There is the buzz of the refrigerator, the hum of the furnaces or air conditioner and fans, television, radio, traffic, birds and children at play. Do we have a place we can go to be in almost complete silence? Somewhere we find a reprieve from the sounds of daily living. For some of us it is difficult to give up the sounds because they give us a place to hide from our inner voices which we do not wish to listen to. Silence does not soothe us but makes us agitated and ready to flee home to our noisy lives. For others being in silence gives us the space to be peaceful, calm and introspective. We are happy to listen to what our inner guide has to tell us, giving us direction and tools to move through our days with greater ease and comfort. If we have not experience a place of almost compete silence maybe it is time to seek such a place out and see what happens. Please feel free to share, if you are so inspired.

© 2015 theresa


Author's Note

theresa
I appreciate help if it given in a kind, gentle and non-confrontational way.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on July 5, 2015
Last Updated on July 5, 2015

Author

theresa
theresa

Woodstock, ON, Canada



About
My name is Theresa and I write a blog called Be Inspired with Theresa which I share with others by e-mail, Facebook and Kindspring.org I write about my observations about many things that affect our l.. more..

Writing
Friends Friends

A Story by theresa