The Man Among the Poppy Seeds

The Man Among the Poppy Seeds

A Chapter by teanami
"

Ahna has a dream that is almost too realistic.

"

I woke to darkness. Feeling something under my hands I looked to my right. “What is this?” I thought. I grabbed a handful and looked closer. They appeared to be little seeds of some sort. I sat up slowly as I was still feeling a little groggy and noticed something in the corner of my eye. There was something among the seeds but I could not quite make out what it could be. Curious, I started crawling towards it. I paused. My breathe caught and I couldn't make a sound. To my surprise a man was lying there. Thinking what I should do, I slowly took a closer look at his face. He was beautiful. I noticed something on his back and touched it slightly to confirm. They were wings. I looked around and we appeared to be in a cave with a stream running all the way throughout. “Where am I?” I whispered. I looked back at the man and felt compelled to see his face again. I slowly leaned over and as I did he opened his eyes. My eyes widened in shock as did his.


“Ahna!” “Mmm..” rolls over “Ahna!” My eyes felt heavy as I slowly opened them. The last thing I wanted to do was get up. “Ahna are you awake yet!?” my mother busted into the room. “Yeahhhh see?” I dropped one foot to the ground leaving the rest of my body on the bed. “Ahna get up now or you'll be late for your classes.” My mother shut the door. I slid out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror. Long, straight black hair hung to my waist. I tied it up into a pony tail and grabbed my face wash. As I was finishing up I peered into the mirror and bright light blue eyes stared back at me. They were almost so white I'd call them a cloudy blue. I grabbed the towel hanging from the rack and patted my face. Having no time for a shower I walked into my closet and got dressed inside. I grabbed my purse and headed for the door.


“Ahna come on were gonna be late.” “Geez mom can you chill out for once just calm down.” “Don't give me that lets go.” I rolled my eyes and followed her out the door. As we were in the car I remembered my dream last night. “Hey mom!” “What?” “I had a dream last night it was weird.” “What was it about?” “I was in a cave surrounded by a bunch of these seeds I think they were poppy seeds now that I think about it and there was this guy sleeping in the cave.” “Oh god let me guess, he was the most handsome guy you've ever seen?” I lightly slapped her arm. “As a matter of fact he was and he had wings. “Oooo you think you'll ever see him again?” I folded my arms across my chest. “Don't make fun of me.” “I wasn't! But I mean this could be the man of your DREAMS you know? I scoffed at her, looking out the window. “He was cute.” I mumbled.



© 2015 teanami


Author's Note

teanami
I'd like to know of any major writing mistakes. Is the dialogue good or could it be better?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on July 10, 2015
Last Updated on July 11, 2015
Tags: fantasy, dreams, dreaming, dream, romance, love, teen


Author

teanami
teanami

About
I'm trying new things, writing, singing, drawing, so any feedback would be nice. Bye bye for now! more..

Writing
Cherry Blossoms Cherry Blossoms

A Chapter by teanami