That Is Not Love

That Is Not Love

A Story by teeheeabc
"

He always had a way with words, he was a charmer...

"
He always had his way with words. He was a charmer, I’ll give him that. He knew his way to a girl’s heart, and in an instant, she would be swooning over him. I mean, that’s how he got all of the girls that he did.
At first, I thought he was the sweetest person in the world. I couldn’t imagine how anybody could possibly leave him, or not want anything to do with him.
Well, I guess that was always one of my worst qualities though. Trying to read people. I guess I could never get past the outer exterior that a person played off.
I thought he was a good guy for my best friend. He was fun, loving, and seemed to really make her happy, which was shocking because after her last relationship left her in a whirlwind of heartbreak, I thought she’d never love again.
I was wrong though. She started loving this guy. I thought they were going to live happily ever after.
However, I never saw what was behind closed doors. There weren’t any smiles, only tears. There wasn’t any happiness, only hurt. There wasn’t love, only pain.
I was feeling that something was wrong, but my best friend always told me she was fine, It’s okay. I’d see her looking even more beaten up than the time before. Every time she would tell me that she’s fine, and that it wasn’t anything to worry about.
I knew it wasn’t fine…On this last time that I saw her, she had the biggest bruises all over her. It’s as if she was a punching bag for somebody who was truly angry. I asked what happened, and all she could tell me was…“He loves me. This is what you endure when you’re in love.”
I couldn’t believe that’s what she thought love was…I tried to convince her to leave him, to not be with him anymore, or else one day, it could end up worse than what she already looked like. She refused. She just kept telling me that he loved her.
I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t want him laying another finger on her, but I was afraid that if I did or said anything, he’d take it out on her, and maybe for the last time…
I shouldn’t have been so scared because maybe I could have saved her. I feel like I failed her as a best friend…She used to call me her guardian, her protector.
Now, the tables have turned. I’m looking up at her every day, and thanking her, because she is my guardian, my protector.
I wish I could go back and change the situation that my best friend was in, but I can’t…Ever since I saw the pain my best friend endured, I vowed I wouldn’t let another woman go through it…

Abuse is not love. Whether It’s physical, mental, or emotional abuse, that is not love. 

Please, if you are being abused, do not hesitate to call 911. Do not hesitate to leave and seek help. Somebody who loves you is supposed to protect you, not be the one you need protecting from.

© 2016 teeheeabc


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on March 6, 2016
Last Updated on March 6, 2016

Author

teeheeabc
teeheeabc

About
I've been writing my whole life. Everything, anything, all things. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by teeheeabc


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by teeheeabc