chapter four

chapter four

A Chapter by Tehmee's~word

The rays from the morning sun trickled in through the curtains, illuminating my dimly lit room, I sat on the edge of my bed carefully straightening out Roseline's hair with a tail comb while she sat on the floor with her phone in hand.
It was strange how we became friends so quickly, two months ago I barely knew her, but now we did almost everything together; going to classes, walking back together, studying, I even introduced her to the literary book club; she was hesitant to join at first, it wasn't very popular around school and had no benefits like other clubs did, but I was able to persuade her and she soon began to enjoy the club, she started by reading some books i recommended and soon became familiar with some of the popular authors.
“ ouch! Be careful” she yelled pulling me out of my thoughts.
“I'm sorry, I didn’t realize I was pulling too hard, but stay still, your hair is so tangled, it reminds me of seaweed”
She chuckled silently, and moved her head upwards so she could look up at me.
“I think Tayo likes you” she said suddenly
I looked at her ridiculously, wondering where she had gotten that idea from.
“What makes you say that?”
“I don't know” She said as she shrugging her shoulders
'He just looks at you differently, and he treats you really special.
Just as I was about to reply, the door creaked open and my next door neighbor stepped into my room.
"uhhm, are you guys talking about how Tayo likes Annie? She asked
"Folake! Were you eavesdropping?!"
'No I wasn't, I just overhead when I was standing outside with my ear pressed to your door, and it was half open anyway so that doesn't qualify as eavesdropping"
I wasn't surprised she had found a way to justify herself, been a law student, Folake was never wrong about anything.
"I heard he gave you his Stephen King collection" she said
Roseline gasped "No way, he has never given anyone his prized collection before!, no-one even knows where he hides them!"
"Okay, you two need to calm down, Tayo is just the president of the club I happen to be a member of and my really good friend nothing more, and nothing less, so chill”
"okay"
"if you say so" they both replied, changing the subject.
But i knew it would come up again, sonner or later, I knew they would never let something like that go so easily.
I tried to hide the smile creeping in through the corners of my lips, i felt a tingle in my toes and it soon spread through my body. The idea that a guy liked me was strangely exciting, no guy had never liked me before, no-one that I knew of at least, and now, this idea that Tayo liked me was thrilling and worrisome in a way, but I wasn’t sure how accurate my friends were about his feelings, so I decided not to dwell speculations.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Her long braids was pulled back into a tight ponytail, she had her back towards me, nose deep in a book and didn’t hear me come in, I wasn’t surprised that she was absent minded, I knew once she was engrossed in a book nothing else mattered, it was one of those things I loved about her.
I walked up to her, tip toeing so she wouldn’t hear my footsteps and poked her tiny waist with my index fingers.
She jumped, startled, her eyes wide with shock but they softened when she realized it was me.
“hey Tayo” she said, titling her pretty head a little bit to the right
“Hey bookworm, what you up too?”
“reading, I have an assignment that’s due tomorrow and I have to do some research” she said with a frown.
“nice, what course? “
“introduction to modern literature.” ‘it’s Mr you’re all a bunch of dummies course' she said with a scowl.
“ouch!, Sorry about that And it’s Mr Adams by the way”
“How do you know his name? “
“I had to repeat a semester because I didn’t know his name; he asked for his name in the exams and that was the only question'
“wow! He is such an a*****e! "
I looked at her, amused at her reaction, her eyes held a fire that i knew would be almost impossible to extinguish and i had an awful feeling i would get burned.
She checked the time and discovered she was late for a class.
She picked up her books and left with a promise that we would talk later in the day.
After she left, i turned to leave, the library seemed strangely quiet without her, it felt darker, more lonesome. Turning the door knob and stepping away from the peace of the library to the usual vivacity of students walking the hallway, i realized it wasn't the library that seemed lonely but I was genuinely lonely without her.







































































© 2017 Tehmee's~word


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First off.....what's with the three versions (the second two also seem unfinished). But great stuff! You still need to have a grammar polish, but I like the way this is going.

Three comments on the story/narrative:

-If Tayo is going to have a POV in this story, it should come before this chapter (like when we first meet him in chapter 2, I believe). For despite how good that little section is, the fact that we've been in Annie's POV for the past four chapters, it's a bit confusing. We need some hint before we start reading that the story is going to change POVs and go to Tayo's.
-Rosaline is presented as someone who was not all too keen in joining the literature club at first, so there should be a certain line to better justify her knowing about the Stephen King collection, and the fact that Tayo hides it.
-Folake in a way speaks like Tayo......there should be something in her speech that differentiates her from Tayo, for right now they kind of sound the same.

Otherwise this is extremely well done! I'm enjoying how you're covering so much ground in such short vignettes. Way- To- Go!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tehmee's~word

6 Years Ago

My bad! Sorry about those versions, it was an error, i didn't know they were there until i saw your.. read more
emipoemi

6 Years Ago

my pleasure



Reviews

First off.....what's with the three versions (the second two also seem unfinished). But great stuff! You still need to have a grammar polish, but I like the way this is going.

Three comments on the story/narrative:

-If Tayo is going to have a POV in this story, it should come before this chapter (like when we first meet him in chapter 2, I believe). For despite how good that little section is, the fact that we've been in Annie's POV for the past four chapters, it's a bit confusing. We need some hint before we start reading that the story is going to change POVs and go to Tayo's.
-Rosaline is presented as someone who was not all too keen in joining the literature club at first, so there should be a certain line to better justify her knowing about the Stephen King collection, and the fact that Tayo hides it.
-Folake in a way speaks like Tayo......there should be something in her speech that differentiates her from Tayo, for right now they kind of sound the same.

Otherwise this is extremely well done! I'm enjoying how you're covering so much ground in such short vignettes. Way- To- Go!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tehmee's~word

6 Years Ago

My bad! Sorry about those versions, it was an error, i didn't know they were there until i saw your.. read more
emipoemi

6 Years Ago

my pleasure

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 5, 2017
Last Updated on November 5, 2017
Tags: romance teen/youngadult, thriller


Author

Tehmee's~word
Tehmee's~word

Fct, Abuja, Nigeria



About
Aspiring writer Book and food lover 💏 Comments and criticism would be appreciated Follow my writing blog @tehmeesword.wordpress. com Thank you🙌👍👌💖😍 more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Tehmee's~word


Chapter one Chapter one

A Chapter by Tehmee's~word


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by Tehmee's~word