The Clash

The Clash

A Chapter by Not Colin
"

A clip from chapter: The Clash from Endfall

"

Abraham screamed in triumph as he crushed the remains of a metal man that now lay thick in the snow and ice. A sudden shadow came into view, he noticed. It was a screaming man, a parliament member. Why is he in battle? Despite his astonishment, Abraham ran forwards towards the man with power. Suddenly a blade of silver was thrust towards his face, but was avoided with his swift skills. He didn’t have time to see the man that was attacking him, instead he raised his claws and leaped up on his hind legs to strike him. His right paw made contact with the man’s shoulder and a loud cracking sound came from the impact. The man screamed, but showed no signs of surrender. Abraham launched himself up again, but was blocked and struck down by the man’s blade. His swing was strong. Abraham then tried again, and again once more, but was blocked both times.

            Then the man swung straight down at Abraham’s helmet, striking it at the side and creating a large scratch. The attack had stunned Abraham, but he was quickly on the rise, swinging both his paws at the man. He was stricken profoundly, blood was drawn from his face, and he took a couple steps back. Before Abraham began his next attack, the man pulled out another blade from his side. It seemed like it was just manifested from thin air. Where did that come from? The parliament member stood up, courage driving him, strengthening him, and he raised each blade. Blood poured from the wounds on his face, his hat on the bounds of shredded material.

            Abraham stood back a moment to prepare, but before he struck, another shadow came from the mist. It was the Tarrian. For the first time, the parliament member seemed to be frightened, but he attempted to dismiss it and show only rage. Tarrian walked around the man towards Abraham, and they nodded at each other in silent agreement. The attack was already in mind. It was a moment of dreadful anticipation, then in a sudden movement they executed their attack. Abraham leapt up at the man with his jaws wide open and his paws outstretched firmly in front of him, as Tarrian bolted around to the man’s back side. Abraham’s battle claws landed on both of the upright blades, which were being unsteadily held by the man. The weight of Abraham’s blow broke the man’s blocking attempt, forcing him to collapse on the ice next to Tarrian. Tarrian then leaped at him to strike.

            But the viscous foe was timely. Before Tarrian reached him, he raised a blade and swung at him. The blade cut across his unprotected stomach, drawing blood that landed in a dark splatter on the ice. Tarrian landed on his feet beside the man, hurt, but not finished. He delivered a sharp blow to the man’s arm, fracturing the bone. A cry of pain came from him, but then a terrifying attack. The man swung again at him, and with impelling force it left a large crack in the ice, but did not hit Tarrian.

            The parliament member then began to cry and scream, for the brutal claws of Abraham were dug inches deep into his back. In agony, the man fell to his knees to the force of the pain, shaking and trembling from the mutilations taking place on his body. Then the screaming was silenced, for Abraham’s claws were removed from his back, but with them came pieces of the man’s spine, torn from under his human material. Abraham swung his paws high in the air with the blood-drunk human bones and smashed them into pieces on the ice. Abraham and Tarrian stood together and let out a roar of pride, before rushing back into battle.



© 2016 Not Colin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on October 16, 2016
Last Updated on October 16, 2016
Tags: battle, adventure, fantasy


Author

Not Colin
Not Colin

MI



About
Creating worlds, all day every day. more..

Writing
Venom Venom

A Poem by Not Colin


Night Bird Night Bird

A Poem by Not Colin


not not

A Poem by Not Colin