Dreams

Dreams

A Story by Tena Luvs
"

a prologue

"
January 10 2006.

I wonder what its like to die, to be forgotten or to never be seen again. What would it be like to be an aberration floating in the air or lingering some where, where they were left behind? To always live in eternity thinking about love and the lost that they have lost.

What lies beyond our death?
The dreams that taunts me each night keeps pulling me to him. I keep wanting to be close, to feel his warmth, his kiss, breath the sweet taste of him, the feeling of complete showered by his embrace. The fantasy my body takes me to. The high I always feel from the intensity of his body warmth. Then again i felt as though I have lived that life moments or decades ago.

Do these dreams speak to me of something I once knew?
Something I have vowed in my previous life that must be kept like a curse that lasts forever.

I remember the knife quickly piercing into the boys abdomen as I watched him cry in a breathless manner . He choked and I watched as he began to die. the man who murdered him smiled with satisfaction and I watched unable to move.
Then the man began to speak.
" You'll never escape from me again boy. You will rot and die here forever. No one will save you."
The man turned and glared at me with his hand still holding onto the knife, putting much more pressure onto the boy. sinking the knife into the life of him. I began to feel guilty. sweat began to emerge from my palms. I began to panic.
The boy coughed and coughed as I stood there not moving an inch. then he looked at me. His tiny eyes and face glared deeply into my soul as if a plea, a cry for help whispered to me telepathically. the sadness in his face expression caused me to burst into tears. I couldn't watch.

Then I woke up, breathing heavily in my bed. sweat and tears drenched my pillow and sheets. The darkness caused me to feel unprotected. I turned on my lamp, stood up to see blood a patch of blood lay soaked beneath where I slept. I got up and felt the pain in my abdomen. It was 2 a.m and I was still in pain from the abortion early today.

The procedure was quick I had thought. I was in and out of the clinic within an hour drugged and tired not feeling the pain till moments later that day. I didn't feel sadden or devastated until I got home. The quietness had sink deep into my thoughts. I lay for hours in my bed with the fan on contemplating on what I had done. The guilt ate me inside. I cried I wanted to die. I did not feel human. I felt like a monster. A deceiving wench who must be sent into the burning flames of hell.
I wiped the tears dripping down my face with my hands shaking. I was emotionally distraught. I couldn't stop crying for hours. I hugged on my bear tightly as if to never let go. to never ever let it go.
This very moment had killed my happiness.

© 2011 Tena Luvs


Author's Note

Tena Luvs
This is short prologue from a book I am writing.

"I have never gone through an abortion and I can only imagine. I also do not have anything against people who has have them"

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

The quietness had sink deep into my thoughts.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The quietness had sunk deep into my thoughts.

I noticed that in the lines...
but I see your usage of the not capitalize in this story line...
is just that your style...
of course there was a development in the transition of this work...
and as you "the reader" go about the paragraphs ---
the more this comes to light...

This seems written a while back in 2006...
then again I went back in time and scrolled those you have posted...
gives me a more perspective on how you are as a writer...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yeah, this is pretty intense. I think you should go for it with this story. You've got a good start here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Tena Luvs

11 Years Ago

Thank you
I like the fact you have a good imagination at the guilt your main character was feeling afterwards and left me wanting more during the beginning and the middle of the prologue. I had thought, at first, she was dreaming of a previous lifetime. With a bit of touch up in the grammar department, this will make a very good start to your book. Good luck with it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Tena Luvs

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
I really like this. You've set the main character up as a likable (even though she has done something most consider horrible) character, one that readers will either hate or have empathy for.. either way, it would sell books *winks* This looks like a raw draft. You may want to run it through word or a similar program. And remember to capitalize after a period. The dream itself is very telling and sets up the later part very well. Good luck with this and I cannot wait to read more in the future.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Tena Luvs

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the great feedback

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 14, 2011
Last Updated on March 14, 2011

Author

Tena Luvs
Tena Luvs

RI



About
I’m a writer and artist at heart. In this busy world I always make time to write. Writing is a sanctuary for me. more..

Writing
Yourself Yourself

A Story by Tena Luvs


untitled  untitled

A Story by Tena Luvs



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Marilyn Marilyn

A Poem by OT


I I

A Poem by Robin