Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Tess
"

... where to begin? Lily? Locket? the group? the flames?... or someone else perhaps?

"
Dex was getting closer and closer to safe house 13 every day, he was running underground until early this morning. Around seven o'clock he came above ground, hiked a few miles to the road that shouldn't exist and the tree that wasn't a tree. Finally believing that he had reached his goal and was now safely out of Lily's reach, he walked towards the 'tree' and pressed the speaker button, and that's when he found out something was wrong. Instead of hearing a voice telling him to state his name, species, and business all he got was white noise. That's when he heard the explosions, and saw the flames. Knowing that the safe house was in that general direction, and that was where his brother should be waiting for him. Taking all of this into account, he took off towards the flames as fast as his legs would carry him.
~~~
Mist had known for quite sometime that the safe house was going to burn, and she knew what it's burning meant to the world's future. She knew who would be here in a few moments, and if everyone would make it out of the safe house alive. She also knew what telling anyone anything she knew meant, it meant the end of the world as they knew it. She knew stopping the fire would mean that Lily catches up to Dex, who would be here in about 60 seconds...59.....58..
She said the one thing that she could at this point, the one thing that would only change things for the better. "Lily will be here in...Twenty minutes," she looked at Gallen. 47.... 46.....45....
"Have I told you how glad I am that your mine?," Gallen mismatched eyes searched Mist's face, wonder shining in his expression. 30....29....28...
"Not in the last five minutes," Mist smiled, "Seriously, though, she's got weapons galore and the men to use them."
Gallen smiled at her, and helped her of the ground. Then started yelling directions, at everyone around, "Okay, people! Listen up! Our seer just informed me that Lily and her brutes will be here in twenty! Get to battle stations, protect any of the Nine at all costs! Witches, you're the last line of defense. Put the Shifters, wolves, and Vamps on First line. The Fae, and Angels on second with the Empaths. Use any powers at your disposal, Empaths try to channel the powers from the enemy, that'll render theirs useless and give you a power boost. If anyone gets a shot at Lily, take it. Remember she's a Vamp. I want the nine and their mates behind the witches, everyone in a circle formation, that way no one can sneak up on you."
10...9...8...7...
Gallen ran back to Mist, who was already getting into circle formation with the others. She looked up at him and said " 3....2....1," then she smiled happily because she could see Dex running straight for them, only to be tackled by Jaz.
"I thought I already snapped your neck ,and threw you in the flames you started," she growled.
"Whoa! Hi, My name's Dex Pritt, and I've been running for my life from Lily for the past six months. So who the hell are you?," Gallen turned around at the sound of his brother's voice.
"Jaz! what the f**k do you think you're doing? That's the real Dex, let him go."
Mist was still smiling brightly as Jaz got off of him and growled at him once more before saying, "Double cross this group, this family, and I will take pleasure in killing you slowly."
Dex got off the ground, and went towards his brother mumbling "Psycho freaks are taking over this planet, I've never even met the chick and she instantly hates me."
"Gallen, we still have that Little b***h and her gang to take care of," Mist held onto his arm and walked forward with him.
I know, but he's still my brother that's been missing for over six months. We have what five minutes before she get's here?
More like ten, but still Let's just bring him back over to where we're supposed to be and you can do all the crazy long-lost brother stuff you can fit into ten minutes. Mist smiled at Dex.
"Hey, finally made it someplace safe, I see," Gallen joked. 
"Oh yeah, real safe. I haven't been here five minutes and the place is already on fire, Lily is catching up to me, and some bat-s**t chick just tackled me to the ground and threatened to kill me," They both cracked up laughing, and Mist smirked, "Say, who's this lovely creature?," Dex asked nodding in Mists direction.
Gallen pulled Mist closer to him and said "Verra Mist La Fey, the Human/Seer half-breed and my mate. Your future sister-in-law," Dex raised an eyebrow then extended his hand to Mist. She reached out to take his hand, but before she could Gallen grabbed her wrist. 'He's Fae, Verra, his gift is charming. One touch and he's got you wrapped around his little finger.'
'If that's his gift, what's yours?'
'You'll find out soon enough, sweet.' 
Mist laughed slightly at him before pulling her hand back and saying, "So, Gallen tells me your Fae gift is charming?"
"Busted," Dex singsonged, "Well, I guess that means you are his mate. Otherwise he would have let you shake my hand, congratulations and welcome to the family," He smiled and then they heard the horn blow, and the stomping of running feet. 
~~~~~
Mist looked to the flames and slowly she saw Laurent emerge carrying someone over his shoulder and dragging another by the collar of their shirt.  "Hope!," He yelled "Hope, I need some help over here!," That's when he noticed everyone standing in the circles, He dragged the two forms over to the circle with the Nine and their mates and said to Hope "Heal them, They need it more that I do," that's when he noticed Seline was over with the rest of the witches. He walked over to her and said, "What the hell are you doing over here?,"
"What do you mean? I'm a witch, this is where I was assigned to be," Seline's eyes went wide when he grabbed her shoulders.
"I know you know that's not true, Seline. I know where you're supposed to be, and I think you do too. So here Lies the question, why aren't you with the rest of the half-bloods and their mates?" 
He Knew. And he'd let her think he had no clue that she was his, for this she slapped him hard across the face, "That's for running into a burning building before you told me Jack s**t about yourself!," She pulled out of his grip and stomped over to the half-bloods circle.
'Well, I'm a zodiacal Leo, My last name literally translates to 'Royal Lion', and I like feisty women, especially if they have red hair and are witches.' Laurent Joked.
'Stop trying to sweet talk me. I have no intention of being a good little mate, and follow all of your orders. Or any of them for that matter. Just F.Y.I.'
'I wasn't expecting you to,' He smirked as he followed her back over to the Half-bloods.
~~~~~

The enemy started to appear and spread out to surround the group of what could only be 300 people, still with all of these people the odds were at best 3-1.  
"Surrender or die, Rebels!" A Loud male voice shouted from the front of the battlefield.
"If you want to surrender that's fine by us, killing you is also fine by us. Your choice, Really," Gallen replied calmly, yet loudly.
"Cut them down, one by one until they're all dead! Leave the half-bloods and their mates for me. They're my kills since they corrupt my family!," Lily shouted from the back lines of her warriors. 
'A coward Like you will never be able to Kill me, Lily. And that is the only reason you still live. I will soon remedy that issue. If anyone get's they're hands on Lily, She's mine. She Kidnapped me, and my mate. It is my right to Kill her,' Keller yelled telepathically, Seline had been teaching her to do so. She declared Warrior Rights, If anyone else Killed Lily, ever, Keller would be able to Kill them with no consequences. 
"I AM NOT A COWARD!," Lily screeched. "Attack them you fools!" And the battle began, but this war would not end tonight. 


© 2013 Tess


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on August 13, 2013
Last Updated on August 13, 2013


Author

Tess
Tess

NJ



About
Two words. Insane Weasel. I think that pretty much sums me up. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tess


*For Starla* *For Starla*

A Book by Tess


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tess