The Invitation

The Invitation

A Chapter by Thad Presley

I didn't plan any of this and, in fact, we were planning a way to get away for people and practice my newly attained skill when she called us to the curb.

"Don't pull over I told him," screaming from inside, I knew she didn't hear me and only saw him, but I didn't want her to get in.

She got in.

"You better not do anything to her," I told him, as the car pulled onto the road. "She's too young to even be in here with us."

"Where you headed, young lady," he asked, and she smiled.

"I'm going to my grandma's house, just across town." I felt my skin crawl.

"Really," he asked, using my mouth and my voice, "you really, going to see your grandma? Where's the cookies and all?"

"Depends," she answered, "you the wolf that's gonna eat me?"

"Depends," he answered.

I tightened my mind to him and tried to cut him out, tried to keep him from controling the muscles of my body. "This is my body," I screamed. But it was no use, no way could I stop him now, not after I invited him to enter me.

This isn't the plan I kept telling myself. Earlier in the year, I bought a book of magic and through the use of it I got pretty good at moving objects or making people believe certain things as if they really happened. I guess you could call it mind control, but it was all pretty simple stuff, party favors. But that all changed when the outer world got in contact with me. It changed and I wanted it too, but this wasn't the plan.

I felt the girls leg in my hand, and it was warm and soft. Unbelievably, she let him touch her. She wouldn't if she knew what he was.

"Hey, don't I know you?" She asked. Obviously she did, or she wouldn't have gotten in the car.

"No," he answered. But she smiled.

"yes, I do. You're Mister Wilkins from the high school. you're the physics teacher, I had you just two years ago."

And she was telling the truth I remembered her suddenly. She always interupted my class telling of Thermodynamic equations and how it answered more questions than mechanical or chemical equations, and sometimes she was right. I wanted to ask her what she was doing out here, in the middle of town, on a school night. But I'd never get the chance to ask, not while my body was being controlled by the evil I had invited to help me get more power. This was not the plan.

"Not me," he told her. "I'm a nobody."

"I was kinda hoping you'd remember me, because I had a crush on you, don't you remember all the times I asked you about physics and tried to mess you up in your lectures?"

He shook his head, my head, and she lowered her hand over the hand on her leg. "Oh, well, maybe it's best we don't talk about that." She smiled. "I'm really not going to my grandma's I guess you know that, I'm leaving Tennessee and going to Atlanta. This place is killing me and it makes me sick to see so many waste there lives here." Then she seemed to remember that I lived here. "but not you? You have done good things."

The hand on her leg moved to her thigh and she squeezed it, pulling it higher, closer to her skirt. "You know," she said, "I had a real big crush on you."

Inside I couldn't stand what was happening. Just seeing this girl give herself to me was bad enough, but here and now, while I wasn't myself and instead this demon or evil was controlling me and planning to do unknown things to her.

That's when she screamed.

I tried to look at her, but I couldn't turn my head. She screamed again and slapped at the hand on her thigh. "Stop," she said. And then, as the demon turned my head toward her, I seen the blood between her legs and the look on her face.

"You'd better stop this," I pleaded with the demon. "You will get me in trouble."

All I got in return was laughter.

The car stopped in the middle of the road and her door swung open like a mechanical arm and she ran. I yelled, "Run," and when I did I heard my voice as plain as day. I felt myself swoon as if I hadn't eaten.

I was me again.

And she was gone into the woods beside the narrow road. Run, I thought, hurry, and please don't bleed to death; but, when she got there, she was going to tell everyone it was me who had hurt her. I would be arrested within the hour.

I started toward the edge of the road where the blood trail of easy to follow. She wasn't far off the road, when I heard her pants and heavy breathing. She screamed when she saw me and that was enough to send me into a rage. Not at her, oh God no, I wasn't mad at her; I was mad at myself for letting that demon into me so easily, and now what was I going to do.

"Rape me," she said, "or whatever you want. Just don't kill me please."

All this made me sick. I never wanted to do any of those things. I was just driving and boom, I was someone else, and then she waved at me. I could tell her that this was her fault for hitchiking, but she wouldn't believe. Even if I told her that my body was temporarily taken over and proved every step of my possesion, she wouldn't believe me.

She tried to stand up, and her leg gave out from under her. Without thinking, I got down to help her, but she hit me with a rock. She had been holding it, waiting for the right moment because as soon as it hit me she took off like a deer. It was all a trick.

I looked around, wondering if anybody had saw me. The lights of my car looked crooked from where I was down off the shoulder of the road. There was no cars and no sound, except for the leaves she was rustling in her attempt to escape.

"I've got to do this," I told myself. "She'll..."

And just like that I was off after her. in a moment I'd caught up with her and grabbed her hair. "shouldn't have done that, Victoria," I said, hotly in her ear. "Not when I was trying to help you." She screamed and swung the rock again but I easily caught her hand and wrenched the rock free. "Now you're going to regret ever f*****g with me in class."

Her knees when weak and I felt warm piss on my ankle. "That's right," I whispered, "get ready for the end."

As she folded onto the ground, I picked up the rock she hit me with and smashed her face with it. I did it again without thinking.

Then, all was quiet. As one eye looked at me and the other looked off at a crazy angle, I hated for all of this to happen because none of this was the plan. I just wanted some guidance with my newly found powers. What's the fun of knowing you can control peoples thoughts when you could only do it for little things. I wanted to be able to possess a living person and this demon was my ticket. Instead I got possessed and all this happened.

Well, never again.

As Victoria's blood stained the front of her shirt, I saw the life leave her in waves. First she moved her mouth and the jaw kind of hitched in the socket, making gurgling noises, then she coughed and the blood spewed out like opening a shook up soda can.

I hit her again in the back of the head and dropped her to the ground.

I waited another thirty seconds before pulling her back to the side of the road, where incidently no one had passed, and walked to the trunk. I opened it and removed the can of gas, I kept for emergencies and boy was this an emergency. I knew her body would be found and with it enough evidence to incite the whole country, so I douced her with the gas and lit her up. I knew she be found, there was nothing to stop that, but I couldn't let anything be traced back to me. I was a teacher for God's sake. The only thing that really bothered me was the blood inside the car. I knew it wouldn't be possible to clean it, but I could deal with it later.

I walked to the trunk, put the can back inside and closed it. The driver door was still open and I got in thinking everything was going to be alright now. I could fix the blood. It was not a problem. Atleast, I had a plan for that.
 



© 2008 Thad Presley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
Added on August 22, 2008
Last Updated on August 22, 2008


Author

Thad Presley
Thad Presley

Wartburg, TN



About
You can link to me on Myspace. I have a desire to write for a small company, I have edited published novels and written Christian screenplays. Faith Writers, I have a list of my services atThe Word S.. more..

Writing