Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by werejustcountrygirls

  Chapter 5   Tessa's POV    
   I pushed open the door with such force that I stumbled out of Romolos instead of walking swiftly like I planned.  I just wanted to escape the nagging of my friends.  They didn't need to be let into my personal life.  Or at least, not with all of that detail.  I flung open the door of the Chevy and climbed in.  Turning the radio on and blasting "Gunpowder and Lead" by Miranda Lambert, I sped out of the parking lot and down the road.  I didn't care where I was going, only that I didn't want to be where I was.    Around ten minutes later, I arrived at the Millcreek Mall.  The one thing I like to do when I'm frustrated is shop.  That, my friend, is EXACTLY what I did.      
   
Matt's POV    
   I sat in the living room as Tessa's mom talked with mine in the kitchen.  They were talking about the upcoming indoor fair, the Morgensons' wedding, and about Tessa and I.  Honestly, it was boring.  Lucky me; I got to hear every word they were saying.    "Oh yes, Tessa tried out for the volleyball team this year!" Tessa's mom, Mrs. Miller, said.    "How wonderful! Couldn't she have tried out when she was a freshman?"    "Yes, but now that she is a sophmore and used to the school, she decided to try out now instead."    I was getting tired of hearing all about Tessa.  Being with her was one completely overwhelming matter, having to hear all about her was another.    "Matt," my mom called through the kitchen. "Will you come in here real quick?"    "Yeah, hang on a sec."  I rolled my eyes.  She probably wanted me to help her with baking the pies or going to buy the decorations.    "You needed me?" I asked, strolling into the kitchen.    "Yes, I need you to go pick up the decorations for the indoor fair."    How did I guess?       "What store?" I asked.    "Party City in the mall."    "Okay," I answered, grabbing the keys to our old Ford off the table.  I picked up a ten dollar bill off the counter and strolled out the door.  Climbing into the truck, I thought about the indoor fair.  Last year I went with a few of my friends, maybe this year I could get Tessa interested.    Twenty minutes later I pulled up to Sears and walked in the front doors.  Lawn mowers and treadmills were stationed to the left, with Christmas lights and trees shimmering to the right.  Walking out of the store and deeper into the mall, I soon came across party city.    "Hello and welcome to Party City!" The young saleswomen said cheerfully. "We are having a sale on plates and streamers, 50% off."    "Perfect," I said, smiling.  She led the way to the back of the store where I grabbed red and white streamers.  Then, I paid and headed out of the store.    Turning to my left, I saw it.  Or rather, them. That person.    Oh no.  Not her.


© 2011 werejustcountrygirls


Author's Note

werejustcountrygirls
I know I know, y'all hate me for the short chapter, right? In my defense, I needed a filler.

SONG: "Gunpowder and Lead" by Miranda Lambert
QUOTE: None

As always, looking for constructive critiscism
~Ashley

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
Added on December 26, 2011
Last Updated on December 27, 2011
Tags: a, little, more, country, music, chapter, 5, teen, young, adult


Author

werejustcountrygirls
werejustcountrygirls

PA



About
So you wanna know about me? Well, where do I start?... My name is Ashley! If you love me, I love you too. If you hate me, can't please everyone. I've been playing the guitar for six or seven y.. more..

Writing