Hanging Around

Hanging Around

A Story by Alexandra Hounschell
"

This is a short, descriptive, piece about a young girl's death. Please enjoy.. It is not the best, but whatever.

"
She had an angelic glow around her hovering body, although her rather large sin would be sending her directly to hell. Her delicate neck slumped limp to one side, causing her corpse to waver slightly in  the gentle breeze. A chill would coarse through anyone's body; not because of the coldness of her empty touch, but because of all the warming life she still held in her. Leaves and small twigs had become entangled in her dark locks. Meanwhile, a young spider had made its home in the gap of her stiff, curved, hand.
The branch above her would crack ever-so-slightly whenever it had to fight against a tremendous gust of wind. Old stains of blood and trauma laced the aged bark with tainted memories. Its rotting core held pests that would feast on the fallen for weeks. Many of the tree's branches had snapped and fallen due to others like her. But, unlike the others, her light body hung like a Christmas ornament; her bleach-white skin twinkled in the sun's rays like tinsel.

© 2015 Alexandra Hounschell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The darkness of how you described her death was so overpowering, at the same time is like we can't help to admire her dead body.
Was a nice read, thanks


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alexandra Hounschell

8 Years Ago

I am so pleased that you liked it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 13, 2015
Last Updated on December 13, 2015
Tags: suicide

Author

Alexandra Hounschell
Alexandra Hounschell

Miami, FL



About
I'm just a young female who likes to write nonsense. I like sunsets and walks on the beach (lining it up for the joke).. Oh and writing about terrible things and whatnot. I'm just a joke in all honest.. more..

Writing