Distorted Vision

Distorted Vision

A Story by Alexandra Hounschell
"

A short thing.

"
My vision has never been the best; I used to have to wear glasses but they would always just gave me headaches. What's odd is that based on my mental state during my life, my vision has improved and worsened. When I first got my glasses, I had been dealing with really bad anger issues. As I got better, my vision seemed to improve, but that didn't last for I fell into my depression. The worse I felt, the worse my vision got. I started to "see" things again recently. My eyes have been worn down to only see the one I claim to love.
I've become oblivious to many things. As I type this, my eyes are drawn to visions that do not exist. I'm not insane, oh no, but delirious I may be. My eyes have seen temptation, and I have taken it recently. I almost 'over-dosed" on my anti-depressants because I wanted (well, needed) to feel good. I felt dizzy and sick. My vision grew dark and hazy. After a short while, I fainted. I awoke, and was scolded for my stupidity because I had told a puppy-love crush of mine, and my parents read through the messages because they lack trust in me. My eyes hurt. My vision is fading. My mind has become disheveled. 

© 2016 Alexandra Hounschell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A shredding of sight along with the mind? That's traumatizing, and end with a short piece like this, you managed to be eloquent in your concise manner of storytelling. You really do have quite a knack for writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 27, 2016
Last Updated on March 27, 2016
Tags: Nonsense

Author

Alexandra Hounschell
Alexandra Hounschell

Miami, FL



About
I'm just a young female who likes to write nonsense. I like sunsets and walks on the beach (lining it up for the joke).. Oh and writing about terrible things and whatnot. I'm just a joke in all honest.. more..

Writing