Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.

A Chapter by Kristen

 

Kyle walked into the coffeeshop, her hair slightly messy, and her shirt buttoned crooked. She sat across from Josiah, who was reading The New York Times. He stuck his index finger up at her as she started to talk, and looked up at her after a second. As he looked at her, his eyebrows rose slightly. She smiled weakly at him, and took off her coat.

"Your shirt is buttoned up wrong." he smirked.

She looked at him, annoyed.

"What's your point?" she snapped. He snorted.

"You had sex!" he said, loudly. Her eyes widened.

"Say it louder! I don't think that old man heard you!" she whispered fiercely "and how can you tell?"

"Well, your lip gloss is smeared, your hair is messy, your shirts buttoned wrong, and your foundation is smothered." he smiled proudly. Kyle kicked him from under the table, and he yelped. He growled at her.

"Maybe you shouldn't have sex. It makes you a b***h," he mumbled, rubbing his shin. Kyle sighed.

"I didn't have sex. But I came pretty close," 

Josiah nodded slowly, and spoke again.

"Oh, Cody was looking for you. He wants you to help him with clothing for a job interview."

Kyle cocked an eyebrow, and sighed, taking her scarf off slowly. She rubbed her eyes, and took out a mirror. Josiah watched her fix her hair and makeup. He chuckled slightly, and went back to reading. They sat in silence for a couple minutes. Josiah looked up at her.

"With who?"

Kyle rolled her eyes, and shook her head.

"You don't want to know." she mumbled, softly.

 

 

 

Dani snapped up on the couch, cold sweat trailing down her forehead, matting her bangs down. She panted heavily, and rubbed her forehead. She looked at the clock. 5:36 PM. Dani groaned. She had slept for more than half the day.

She turned as she heard the front door open. Reggie stood there, as his sister, and Dani suddenly felt a surge of energy in her muscles.

"What do you want?" Dani growled, her nostrils flaring. She wanted to slap her, only because she was related to that scumbag.

Reggie cocked an eyebrow.

"I wanted to talk to you. It's not about...him. It's about Josiah."

Dani's eyes widened.

"Why? What happened?"

Reggie shook her head.

"Nothing. Um...May I sit down?"

Dani nodded, hesitantly. Reggie took a place on the arm of the armchair.

"Josiah is um..." Reggie hesitated. She knew Dani was emotional. "Uh...in love with you. And he's hating on Demetri right now because of you know what. He's threatening to kick his a*s."

Dani chuckled.

"Can you blame him?"

Reggie stood up angrily.

"What? How can you say that? This is Josiah we're talking about! He's going to end up hurt!" Reggie shouted.

Dani stood up, and got into her face.

"You think that scumbag," she spat, "you call your brother can kick Josiah's a*s? Have you ever seen Josiah's body?"

Reggie felt Dani's breath on her face, even if Reggie was a good three inches taller than her.

"Yes. He's a twig!" Reggie said, "And Demetri can easily kick his a*s."

Dani snorted, crossing her arms.

"I'd like to see him try."

Reggie cocked an eyebrow, and a mocking smirk spread across her face slowly.

"Fine."

Reggie left Dani in a hurry, her boots clunking loudly on the wooden floor. Dani stood there, her eyes trailing Reggie, even after the door had closed. She heard the sound of a taxi pull up outside, and drive away slowly. Dani collapsed onto the couch once again, and picked up the phone. She dialed Josiah's number quickly and heard it ring five times before hanging up.

 

 

Demetri blinked slowly, as he stared into the black screen of his TV. Cody appeared next to the TV, looking back and forth from it to Demetri.

"Is this show good?" he smiled. Demetri looked at him annoyed, and stood up slowly. Cody put his hands in the pockets of his jeans. Demetri walked into the kitchen as Cody started to talk to him.

"Can I ask you something?"

"You just did." Demetri said.

Cody's eyebrows raised.

"What's your problem?"

Demetri stopped, slammed his cupboard shut and turned to him.

"First off-"

"-Here we go." Cody mumbled

"You don't go console your best friends ex girlfriend right after their breakup! You console your best friend, I don't even know if you were over there having sex with her!"

Cody's eyebrows shot up even more.

"Are you serious? Dani is practically my sister! And I've known her longer than you have! I set you two up! Why would I put my dick where your dick has been?"

Demetri looked at him annoyed. He sat on his counter, and took a sip of his soda.

"I don't know, you're jealous?"

Cody stopped fiddling with his fingers, and snapped his eyes to Demetri's. He knew he wasn't being sarcastic.

"Are you f*****g kidding me? I have the hugest crush on her best friend! Why would I be like some a*****e, and go for two girls? I'm not like that, and you know it, Demetri! Why the f**k would you say something like that?" he shouted.

Demetri shook his head, and leaned on his arms against the counter.

"I think maybe you should go."

Cody looked at him again, and sighed heavily.

"Fine."

 

 

Cody sighed, and leaned his head back, tiredly. He closed his eyes, and he heard someone sit across from him. Kyle sat there, arms crossed over her chest, her pouty lips pushed out.

"What?" he asked.

She cocked her left eyebrow at him, tilting her head in a prissy fashion. He sighed, and she stepped on his foot under the table.

"Okay, so I take it, Demetri told you."

She nodded. Cody sighed again, and he leaned foreward, intwining his hands together on the table.

"You can't possibly believe him. I don't love Dani! I'm in love with-" Cody stopped, and looked at Kyle, dreamily, his eyes glossy. Kyle's lips tugged into a confined smile.

"With-?"

Cody looked down, and Kyle placed her hand on his. He looked back up at her, and he aw her cheeks had become a soft shade of fuschia. He smirked, and he saw her shift in her seat uncomfortably.

"I have to go," she mumbled, standing up, and putting her purse on her forearm. She looked at Cody as he smiled at her. She sighed, and walked out. Cody sighed, heavily. A knot in his stomach formed as he stood up. As he ran outside without a coat on, the cold didnt make the knot lossen at all.

"Kyle!" he called, looking to the left and right frantically. He finally saw her mustard yellow coat in the crowd, and he pushed past people. He saw  her turn and she stopped to wait for him.

As he approached her, he felt the knot tighten, and his bladder felt tight.

"What?" Kyle asked as he stared into her eyes dreamily. As she blinked, she felt his lips against hers, his hands on her face, warming her cheeks. Cody sucked on her bottom lip, and Kyle put her hands on his shoulders. As their lips unlocked, Kyle bit her lip to keep from smiling like crazy. As she opened her eyes, Cody was smiling, baring white teeth, and lip gloss across his lips. Kyle wiped his mouth, and giggled. He kissed her once again, and laughed as he did so.

 



© 2011 Kristen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am soooo loving this

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Added on February 26, 2008
Last Updated on May 6, 2011


Author

Kristen
Kristen

Middlebury, IN



About
Ohai. x) I'm Kristen. I'm in high school. I like Harry Potter, obviously. Proud Slytherin right here. I have an obsession with Dramione and Drarry. But I'll basically read any pairing. :) more..

Writing
Mhmm. Mhmm.

A Story by Kristen


Yeah. Yeah.

A Story by Kristen