Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Claudia

  Chapter 1

“Why are you such a jerk?” I cried

“You’re ruining my life!”

“Then why don’t you just go die.”

 

That last statement changed my life forever, I didn’t know it at the time but I do now.
And I’d do anything to change it.

Me and my brother, Ethan, had always been close; we were only two years apart. We were often mistaken for twins despite the fact that he was a star athlete and the guy at school everyone loved, including all the teachers. He had beautiful gold hair, brown eyes and was 6 feet tall. While I was…well I was me. I had extremely bright blonde hair that looked like a three year old colored it with a crayon, brown eyes as big as boulders; I was 5 feet even and skinny for my age.
Ethan had been the perfect big brother. He taught me to ride a bike, to play football, and most of all he loved me. Ethan was only two when I was born but from the time he was born he played with dolls. Our parents came up with the idea so that he would know how to treat a lady, and he had often called them his little sisters. When he heard that he was getting a real baby sister he got a new doll that had the same color hair as him and he was taught how to hold and love a baby. Our parents had gone over a million names and couldn’t decide on one. They asked Ethan for names but he never had any suggestions. One night, during Ethan's bedtime story, mom's water broke and she and dad had no choice but to bring Ethan along. After the baby was born Ethan was allowed to visit. He sat next to mom in the hospital bed, looked up at my mother with his beautiful brown eyes and said “ Isn’t Alex small, mommy?”

Even now, so many years later, I remember what the fight was about. Earlier that day I had stolen his mix CD full of punk bands and other music. I wasn’t into it, but the cute boy, Sebastian who was assigned to sit next to me on the bus was. I switched it with one my CDs, which looked identical to his. On the bus I put in my headphones and blared it so that he could hear it too. He looked at me and asked to listen too. He put in a headphone and so did I. We listened for a couple of minutes and then he told me that when he got assigned this seat he was really excited because he liked me. I was so excited I dropped my CD player. When I looked down I realized that the CD had popped out and broke right in half. When I got home I went in Ethan's room while he was in the bathroom but he got out sooner than I had expected and caught me putting it back. He looked at me with a questioning look on his face. “What are you doing with that CD?”
“Nothing I just was , er, borrowing it…” I answered nervously as my palms became sweaty and a rush of hotness came over me.
“Are you okay you look kind of…sweaty.”
“I had gym last block.” I said thinking quickly
“Oh, Okay.” There was an awkward pause “So, I’ll take that CD and can you get out of my room?”
“Oh. Yeah.” I said handing him the CD. I then ran out of his room before he could open the case. I slammed my door shut and cranked up my music. It was the kind most people found odd, the kind where the lead singer screamed the lyrics of the whole song, but even that couldn’t block out the scream that came out of my brother's mouth.
“ALEX! What the hell did you do?!”
I could hear him storming down the hall towards my room. I pushed my body against the door with all the strength, but I wasn’t very strong and he pushed it open with one hand.
“Why is this broken? Do you have any idea how important this is to me?”
“I’m sorry, I really am but it’s just a mix. Cant you burn a new one?” I asked backing up but at the same time trying to stand my ground.
“Tim McIlrath signed this CD!” Seeing the blank look on my face he yelled “ From Rise Against, my favorite band!”
“Oh my gosh! Ethan, I’m so sorry. I wish I had known I didn’t think-“
“That’s the thing, Alex, you never think. I’m sick of you!” It felt like a slap in the face and I began to cry.
“Just shut up! I can’t stand you!” he screamed

“Why are you such a jerk?” I cried

“You’re ruining my life!”

“Then why don’t you just go die.” I said at normal tone

 

He looked up at me with a look of horror on his face and with that he walked out of my room grabbed his keys and slammed the door.



© 2010 Claudia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! it's starting out as being great. Wonderful 1st chapter btw. it really drew me in!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Added on April 19, 2010
Last Updated on April 19, 2010


Author

Claudia
Claudia

MA



About
Hi, I'm Claudia. I'm really not the best writer (Im far from it). I hate punctuation, I never know where to put it.But, I love to write and that's all that matters.I'm kind of shy until we hang for a.. more..

Writing