The Breakly Ritual

The Breakly Ritual

A Story by TheMadnessWithin
"

They were in a pack, and as usual babbling on and giggling like little kids in a candy store, ‘I wonder if I ever look that ridiculous’, I thought.

"
     I strutted into the classroom and sat down hard in the small desk at the front. My friends had decided to completely leave me out of their circle the entire Christmas break and I was not happy about it. I called, no one answered. I texted, no one replied. It was like I didn’t even exist! I mean how on earth could this happen? I have four very close friends all of which have cell phones and facebooks, its not likely that not one of them should be able to contact me. And to top it all off, I had to find out from my mom that they had all went to the movies together, without me.
     Infuriated, I growled silently to myself and scribbled away at my almost late english paper. As I ended the sentence I threw my pencil onto the paper in an attempt to make a period, resulting in a broken pencil tip and a large rip in my paper. “Ahhhhh!” I yelled angrily. However then remembering I wasn’t the only one in the classroom, I glanced back and whispered sorry to the busily working teacher. She gave me a suspicious smile and continued typing away on her black keyboard, clearly interested in the morning's latest teacher gossip. As usual all the old women were probably emailing back and forth, spewing on about who did what and 'OMG did you see what she was wearing this morning!?’.
     At last I heard the old green door careen open, to reveal my four so called ‘friends’. They were in a pack, and as usual babbling on and giggling like little kids in a candy store, ‘I wonder if I ever look that ridiculous’, I thought. Slowly they made their way to the front and sat down in the usual seats they sit in every day. ‘I’m gonna make them pay for this’, I thought. Tilting my head at an angle, I made sure that I kept my eyes on the paper, surely they’d notice if I didn’t say hello.
     However I didn’t seem to matter. Chloe had obviously gotten another idiotic boyfriend and that was guaranteed to be the topic for the rest of the month. We would sit at lunch and have to listen to Chloe babble on about how amazing he is and how they made-out on the bleachers after the football game. ‘I’m soo sick of this crap’ I muttered to myself. 
     I glanced sideways to see Laura, Jess, and Amy, babbling on about how they soo needed to see a pic of him. “OMG he is soooo hot! You guys need to meet him he is like the best guy EVER!” she whaled. ‘Funny, you say that about every guy and yet how many of your ‘relationships’ have lasted more than a month?.’ I thought to my self. 
     Finally the bell rang and they all shut up. Then suddenly Laura got the genius idea to look sideways and notice that her BFF she hadn’t seen in two weeks was sitting right beside her. “Oh HEY Bella!” she said enthusiastically. 
     “HEY! Nice of you to notice I still exist!” I snapped back sarcastically. Infuriated, I glared at her for a moment, and then continued to scribble hastily on my paper.
     She looked confused for a moment, almost as if she were trying to comprehend if I was in a good mood or not. Then once her thoughts were sorted out, she managed to say, “Okay, whats wrong.” 
    “Look Laura I don’t have time to talk to you. I need to finish my english paper and yes, I know we had off two weeks but in my CRAZY life there is absolutely no time for communication!! NONE!” I yelled at her. 
    “What the hell are you talking about?” she managed to say before Mrs.Pattline hushed the class.
     The day continued to be much of the same. English passed by quickly, accompanied by curious looks from Laura. Not long after Spanish came and I realized Laura had clearly told all of them I was upset. This resulted in several attempts at conversation from Amy. “Hey! How was your break?” she asked tentatively. No reply. I was going to give them the same medicine they’d given me all break. Not a word from me until they said sorry and gave me a good explanation for why they had completely ignored me for the past two weeks.
     In history Jess tried to get me to talk by bribing me with her twinkie. I didn’t fall for it which surprised even me since they were my ultimate weakness. 
     And last but not least, queen Chloe tried to start a conversation with me in Chemistry. For some reason they all thought bribing was the answer cause now even Chloe brought an offer to the table. “Look, if you tell me whats wrong I’ll help set you up with Brian. You know, the cute quarterback on the football team?” Its true he was kinda cute but I didn’t need Chloe’s help to get a guy. Thats a total low blow, relying on your friends to help you get a guy. I glared down at the table and didn’t look at her for the rest of the class.
     At the end of the day I sat in geometry and angrily tapped my shoes on the tiled floor, anxious for this hideous day to be done with. Then someone tapped me on the shoulder and tossed a note on my desk. It was from Laura, I looked across the room to see her concerned face staring back at me. She really was my only BFF and clearly the only one who truly cared. 
     As my eyes wandered to the top of the page I read, “Bella, Meet me in the courtyard for lunch, we need to talk but first of all, is this about us not talking to you over break?”. I glanced across the room and nodded a yes at her, quickly redirecting my attention the the board before I could see her excuse expression.
    Walking out of class she caught up with me and managed to say “I can explain”. 
    “You better have a damn good excuse.” I spewed at her distastefully, surprising even myself with the high levels of hatred running through my veins.

© 2013 TheMadnessWithin


Author's Note

TheMadnessWithin
rand-do stuff, my mind was wandering, tell me what you think(;

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First, thanks so much for commenting on my story. I really appreciate it. This little tid-bit was quite cute, and it reminded of those awkward middle school years. Since this was obviously random and not something that you planned on editing or looking over, I thought it of it like being in a dream and waking up in the middle of it before it was over (since there was so much info left out). What I was probably most amused about was her little indignant stubbornness :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheMadnessWithin

11 Years Ago

thank u;)



Reviews

First, thanks so much for commenting on my story. I really appreciate it. This little tid-bit was quite cute, and it reminded of those awkward middle school years. Since this was obviously random and not something that you planned on editing or looking over, I thought it of it like being in a dream and waking up in the middle of it before it was over (since there was so much info left out). What I was probably most amused about was her little indignant stubbornness :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheMadnessWithin

11 Years Ago

thank u;)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

375 Views
1 Review
Added on April 2, 2013
Last Updated on April 2, 2013
Tags: high-school friends teen fight a

Author

TheMadnessWithin
TheMadnessWithin

New York City, NY



About
I’m not much of a talker in real life. I’d be the one sitting in the corner reading a book. I prefer to keep to myself and only write when I feel the need to get something off my mind. If .. more..

Writing