N.L.G. - Ch 2

N.L.G. - Ch 2

A Chapter by Theta S. T.
"

This chapter starts off years later and goes into what has happened since

"

It’s been 10 years now, so many things have changed we both have become what we were destined to become he a famous NFL star and me a Civil Rights Attorney. Funny how life can have the perfect couple and let them drift apart as fast as they came together. After that day we stayed together and even got married 2 years later I finished school as his football career blossomed, but nothing stayed the same. It became apparent that in order for us to grow we had to let something go and it turned out that it was us that we had to let go of. I think that was the hardest moment in my life. But I knew that it was something that had to happen. I didn’t want him to give up his dream so that I could follow my mine and he didn’t want that for me either. I still can feel his hands on my hips, his lips on mine and the way he would hold me. What made it worse is that I didn’t only loose the person I loved but I lost my best friend. I use to go to all of his games and watch him as he played just so I could get him to look at me the way he use to and I could feel like it was ok. But the problem with that is that I didn’t want him to know I was there because it wasn’t the same.

 

I had moments were I would break down and just cry thinking I should’ve told him. Things were so different then I could tell him anything and now...well now things are different it’s been too long. I should’ve told him that night. What was I thinking? How could I wait so long? *knocks on the door* "Yes?" I said as I wiped tears from my eyes and turned to the door. "Mommy are you ok?" a little voice whispered as the door opened. "I’m fine baby, just thinking about something sad." I said with a smile. "Ok mommy, but don’t stay sad for long ok!" he smiled and kissed me on the cheek the walked back out of the room. I went turned back around and look at the TV then pressed the power button to shut the TV off. I walked to the bathroom so I could wash my face and get ready for the day. "Alexander D’Marcus Johnson!" I yelled, "We’re going to be leaving in a minute make sure your ready and you have everything!" "Yes Ma’am" he yelled back, "I’m waiting on you lady!" I laughed and I could hear him giggle from the other room. "Alright kid!" I belted out trying to hold in the laughter.

 

We headed to the park to meet a few of his friends from school. As we got closer to the park Alex say a group of his friends and yelled, ‘Hey guys wait up! Ma’ma, can I?" I nodded and said, "Stay close!" he gave me a kiss on the cheek and ran off with his friends. I sat at a bench closer to him so I could see him but still had some distance I was between the pond and the field. He reminds me so much of Ki. In every way he moved and the way he acted just as smart assed as Ki! I turned and stared at the pond for a while thinking about how many times me and Ki came out to this park and just stared at the water. The things we talked about were...well were horrible what were we thinking! I kept flashing back to the news short. I’m happy for him things are going good for him it couldn’t have happened to a better person at least they fit. I turn around to check on Alex to make sure he hasn’t wandered off somewhere. He smiles like Ki and gives me that look like every thing is ok. I hear a voice in the distance "Alpha! Alpha!" I turned to a familiar face "Ni!" I screeched! jumping up to give her a hug she screamed, "What are you doing here? I haven’t seen you in years! Fred is on his way down with the kids! What are you doing? How have you been? What’s going on?" "Ni! I interrupted, "I’ve lived here for 10yrs...I never left! I’m good finished law school...Civil Rights Attorney! Anything you want to know write it down because I don’t remember what you said!" we both busted out laughing and couldn’t stop for a while.

 

‘Girl, stop! I’m diein’ over here!" she said trying to catch her breathe. "Lady’s!" a voice popped up from behind. "Fred! Oh my god! Fred!! I hugged him and kissed him on the cheek, "I thought you would’ve freaked out and left her weird a*s already!! How have you been?" "Good, still a in love with fashion-ista!." he laughed. ‘Ok, I’mma remember that! The both of you!" she joked "What are you guys doing here I thought you were in Denver with the team?" I said. Fred and Ki were drafted at the same time to the same team and have been drifting together ever sense. "Haven’t you heard? Ki and I got drafted back home! He said happily, I nervously smiled and pretended that I just didn’t remember that they get traded together, "Ki is back here too?" Fred didn’t hear me but Ni did she nodded not saying a word what was great about Ni is that she always knew when I had to say something but just couldn’t. I think I’ve missed that about her she pull’s me off to the side and says, "What is it? I know there’s something tell me?" Before I could say anything Alex walked up. "Mommy, don’t we still have to do something else before 3?" he looked and Ni, "Hi, my name is Alex, Nice to meet you." "Alex this is your Aunt Ni, Ni this is Alexander D’Marcus.." I paused and took a breathe, "Johnson, Alex told you about your Aunt Ni you know mommy’s best friend?" he nodded, "I have to talk to Ni right now we’ll be leaving in just a moment ok?" He started to walk off and said "Ok, let me know when it’s time." I didn’t know what to say after that she just stared at me for a while with out saying a word. I finally blurted out "Yes, he is...and no he doesn’t know I didn’t even know until it was already to late and tried when he was here but I just couldn’t." She still didn’t say anything I couldn’t tell if she was just mad or if she was in disbelief.

 

As we stood there in silence I could see her trying to process everything I just said and replaying the events from the years before. "I’m sorry" I whispered, "I’m sorry that I had to put you in this and that you had to be the person to know and this is how you had to find out." I continued to ramble on hoping she would say something yell or scream but something needed to be said. "Are you going to tell him?" she finally said, "Were you ever going to tell him? Does he know? How did this happen?" I began to go over every detail of the last day I saw Ki and everything that followed there after. She seemed to understand "You have to tell him." she said in a low tone, "he has to know." I looked back at Alex and nodded my head "I know, I have to do it for the both of them." She gave me a hug and whispered, "It’s going to be alright." We exchanged numbers and addresses and I told her that she can stop by anytime with the kids and gave her a hug one last time and Alex and I left the park.

 

It had been a week later when the phone rang it was Ni. "Fred and I are having a house warming party tonight at the new house. We want to invite you and Alex to come over?" "Sure! We’ll be there!" I replied and hung up the phone. I knew what this was and what she really meant. It was a set up in a comfortable environment for Ki, Alex and I. I wanted to ask it she had said anything to Fred or Ki about Alex but I knew she would wait until I was ready before she would say anything. I have always told Alex about Ki that was the easy part but now I had to tell him that he was going to be meeting him tonight for the very first time and that it will probably be weird but things will loosen up later. He seemed to understand but I don’t think I understood exactly what I was saying I made it so simple for him but I knew it was going to be anything but simple. As we started driving closer to Fred and Ni’s home I started to panic with each block up to their house I felt as though I was unable to breathe. What am I doing? This is going to turn out bad. What am I saying I have to tell him he has a right to know. What if he thinks I just want his money? What if he thinks I am trying to ruin his life? I must have asked my self those questions over and over again the whole way before I knew it we were at the door and Alex had already push the door bell. "Hey!" Naomi screamed as he opened the door. "You made it! Come in, come in! Alex the kids are playing around back and if your hungry let me know I’ll fix you a plate." he smiled and nodded and ran to the back of the house, "Ok thank you." The house was gorgeous 2 story, 4 bedroom, 2 ½ bath, 6 thousand square feet, and underground pool with a spacious 3 car garage. "Wow! This is a great house you must have paid a fortune!" I said "No, it was in foreclosure so it turned out to be really cheap." As she was talking I started to look around the room to see all of the familiar faces it looks like everyone was here and even some new people."No he’s not here yet" I heard her say "Excuse me?" I said "Ki he’s not here yet He will be soon though he just went to the store with Fred." she explained. "I think I should go and check on the kids"

 

As I turned to head to the back of the house I saw Ki in the doorway I couldn’t move I felt stuck in that one place. He smiled and started walking toward me at that point I was started to go over everything I would say in my head. Should I start off with we have a kid or maybe I found out that I was pregnant after you left and I tried to get in contact with you but I couldn’t? "Hi, how are you? It’s been a long time." he said as he gave me a hug. It took me a minute before I said anything "uummm hi! How are you?" I got this feeling in my stomach it was kind of like the feeling I had when he proposed to me the at the football game but more like my heat was at the pit of my stomach and about to explode. "I’m great" he replied, "Being back feel good I mean I know where everything is and missed..." he stopped as though he was going to say something but couldn’t. "I heard that you are an attorney now and every thing was going well." "Yea everything is going great I have been learning a lot. Things could be different but it’s the choice we make that hold everything together." I turned and look at the hall way hoping that Alex wasn’t standing there. "I have to go and check on someone could you excuse me for a moment?" I walked past him but turned back to say "We have to talk more later you know to catch up." as I turned back towards the hall I caught a glimpse of Ni even though it was only for a second I knew at that moment that if I didn’t tell him by tonight that she would.

 

As I walked up to the room where the kids were playing I heard Ki calling "Theta, hey are you checking on the kids? I haven’t seen them all day!" I think I stopped breathing for those few seconds while he opened the door "Uncle Ki! Uncle Ki!" the kids screamed and jumped on him tackling him to the ground "Hey guys!" he said as he wrestled to get off the ground. I looked of to see Alex sitting there with this excited expression on his face "Alex sweety" I said waving him over to me "Ki, i want you to meet someone." I was nervous at this point I didn’t know what his reaction was going to be. "Malyki this is Alex..." I paused for a moment not wanting to continue "Hi I’m Alexander D’Marcus Johnson, but you can call me Alex!" as he raised his hand to shake Ki’s. I looked down hoping he didn’t catch it "Excuse me! I’m sorry I don’t think I heard you right?" he said puzzled "Alex why don’t you and the kids go back into the room and finish playing. I’ll come back when it’s time to go." I could see the stunned look on Ki’s face I started walking down the hall to the other room so that we can talk privately he followed. "What’s going on here?" he asked, I sat on the bed to try and collect my thoughts. "Is he mine? Why didn’t you tell me? Talk to me!" he started getting angry I could hear it in his voice. "I.." I stopped before I started to cry "I found out that I was pregnant after you left..." "Why didn’t you tell me?’ he interrupted "I couldn’t...I couldn’t let you give up your dream for me.." "I wasn’t about you at that point Theta!" he continued to and with each word I could his anger as he grew louder and louder. "Hey! Hey! Calm down please I know your pist I can understand but there are kids down the hall. Look I messed up by not telling you and I’m sorry but it would have changed everything and I didn’t want you to choose. It’s my fault I know and I’m trying to fix it." I looked at him and then looked away he looked disgusted at me and I understood there was nothing I could do about that. "I don’t know what else to say I understand that you need time and that you really can’t stand me right now but I just want to say that he knows who you are and what happened and why I did what I did and that it’s my fault. I’ve told him everything and I’ve kept no secrets from him." He stayed quite and listened to me talk for a while then said, "You should have given me a chance or and option or just something!" he sat down and I told him everything from the beginning.

 

"It’s late I have to get Alex to bed." I said as I looked at my watch. "Can I...well I mean can I help you?" he said I nodded "uuumm if you would like too you cold follow us home and we could talk some more and I can show you his picture. I mean if you like?" I waited for him to nod I know he was uncomfortable and I didn’t want to pressure him it was hard enough. "Yea I would like that very much." he flashed a smile I guess it was his way of saying everything was going to be ok but I still can’t believe this. I grabbed and Alex and we went to say good bye to Fred and Ni and with out saying very much she nodded and said ok then rubbed the side of my arm. "Alex could ride with you that way you don’t get lost on the way he’s really good with directions." I said as if to let him know that it’s ok for them to talk. "Ok," he said, Alex would you like to ride with me?" "Could I?" Alex turned to me to make sure it as ok I nodded and smiled, "Go ahead make sure you put your seat belt on!" The whole drive back home all I cold think about was what where that talking about? Are they even talking or is Alex just rambling on? I wonder if Ki could see himself in Alex like I do everyday. I kept checking in my side mirror to make sure they were still behind me as we got closer to the house. I still couldn’t believe how this all happened I still can’t understand it.

 

After getting Alex to finally fall asleep Ki and I started to go through the photo albums. "Oh I forgot there is one more album in Alex’s room I’ll be right back!" I left him to look at the pictures in the living room. When I got back he was looking and the pictures on the mantle above the fire place. "You still have this?" he was holding the ring that he gave me at the game. "Yes, I thought I had given it back to you but I found it when I went through some of my old boxes and Alex put it up on the mantle so I wouldn’t loose it again." he looked back at me and said, "I got it for you. It’s yours."I wanted to tell him that sometimes I still wear it and just to remember the old times when we were happy or at least when we were friends. We sat and talked for what seemed like just a few hours but turned out to be until sun up. I remember sitting on the couch and talking to Ki and then waking up in bed. I could hear voices outside the door as I walked outside of my room I saw Malyki and Alex playing a board game on the kitchen table. "Morning mama," Alex said as he rolled the dice "What you guys doing?" I asked, "Playing Monopoly" Alex replied. "Have you eaten yet?" I waited for a moment for and answer, "I can make your blue berry pancakes with bacon and hashbrowns!" "How about we go out for breakfast?" Malyki said as he looked at Alex "Yea! Lets go to the Keddle!" Alex screamed I laughed at how excited he was that was his favorite place to eat "Ok, well you need to get ready and so do I." I watch Alex and he ran to his room to get dressed then I turned back to Malyki. "Have you gotten any sleep? When did I fall asleep? I’m sorry I didn’t mean to be so rude." "Theta!" he said "It’s ok I think I fell asleep before you and when I woke up you were sleep so I put you in your bed so that you were comfortable." I smiled and turned towards the hallway "I have some of your old cloths in the spare bedroom and a toothbrush. I don’t know if the cloths are going to fit but if you want to freshen up a little bit there’s a bathroom in there" I pointed to the room next to mine and went into my room before he could answer.

 

Everything was happening so fast nothing could’ve prepared me for this kind of outcome. When he wasn’t in practice he was here with me and Alex it was kind of like he never left. Which was great but I still had that news cast burned in my brain every word of it but I was too afraid to ask him about her and their engagement I know it would come up one day.



© 2009 Theta S. T.


Author's Note

Theta S. T.
so so so so sorry but hey it happens and I am working on it!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was definitely an interesting story. I hope you intend to finish it...though its been a long while since you posted it...2009 it says...but it would be cool if you finished it. :) Great job

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
1 Review
Added on March 8, 2009
Last Updated on March 8, 2009


Author

Theta S. T.
Theta S. T.

San Antonio, TX



About
New group: Writing GroupCollaboration--Remix out of frustration a new day awaits in the dark and grimmy mist to a new begining we end to begin again as friends we shared the day in laug.. more..

Writing
Puppet Puppet

A Poem by Theta S. T.


Me Me

A Poem by Theta S. T.


Fed up Fed up

A Poem by Theta S. T.