Words Matter

Words Matter

A Story by Ioana Georgiana

There are two things that my soul couldn't exist without : writing and music. I breathe writing and I bleed music.
I haven't had that much luck with the latter. Singing doesn't come easily to me. Maybe it's my stage fright that stands before me like a brick wall. Or maybe I'm afraid of having a moment to shine. So I just do what feels more at hand. 

But writing is more than leisure to me. It is freedom of expression, entering a world where judgment is invalid. Paper can't call you names. And the pencil is mightier than the sword. Words are my weapon of choice, in a sick world where you either kill or get killed.   Survival is nature's primordial rule.

Writing gives me a purpose.  This art form feels even more fulfilling when acknowledged by others. It's impossible for your heart not to sing when others tell you that your doing makes their soul vibrate. You are the reason behind their smile.

Every morning I wake up  with plenty of suppressed thoughts.  It's my duty to give them a voice. Sometimes it feels so natural, I don't even realize I'm doing it.  I feel empowered when I grasp the pencil In my hand. The soft murmur of the graphite tip as it glides and etches beauty onto the stark canvas is music to my ears. 

It's marvelous how writing offers us infinite opportunities to escape. We have universes at our feet. Time is relative.  Characters are like clay we model to our liking. Fates are changed, endings are altered in a snap. The world begins and ends with us. 

To me, being able to write is like hugging that one person you haven't seen in months, maybe even years. It's the shoulder you can cry on, the hand that saves you from falling into the deep end.   It's a companion I turn to in times of happiness, confusion, sadness and desperation.

 I crave to do it with every fiber of my being and I crave to do it well. It's a part of me that I will never be able to let go of.

© 2017 Ioana Georgiana


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Strongly felt this, to the point that all of what you've written resonates with me on a very personal level. We have mutual things that we couldn't go without, being music and writing, and there are far worse vices to be had.

You articulated this really well. Personally, I'd say that while I did completely write for catharsis at one point, I now write as an observer, while also writing for fun, too. Hard to quit when you're having fun! Great write.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I feel deeply a connection with this, writing gives me a deep sense of self realisation and freedom knowing that I can conjure happiness, love, or whatsover I can with words. Nice piece of work...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well frnd i love this one.I feel quite similar to you.Writing is a frnd who will never leave me even if the whole world stand against me.Your story is absolutely true.....Thank you mate....Hats off to you.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 28, 2015
Last Updated on January 5, 2017
Tags: writing, words, writer, meaning, reason, motive

Author

Ioana Georgiana
Ioana Georgiana

Romania



About
A twenty year old with a knack for everything written. I breathe by filling my lungs with words. You can also find me at jolenepoetry on Instagram. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..