Andrew Bellamy, Monday 2.30.

Andrew Bellamy, Monday 2.30.

A Chapter by Thiago Phelippe Da Gama Soares
"

Andrews first psychoanalytical section after summer vacation.

"

Andrew Bellamy laid down in the couch trying to recovering all memories that he had on this last summer. He was holding something in his mind, but he couldn’t let this out to his therapist who was behind him just waiting to listening something what Andrew was hiding.


“I thought this last summer wasn’t good for you Andrew, wasn’t it?”


“How do you so certainly about this?”


“Since when you entered here today, your eyes seems to me that you want to apologize about something…”


“I don’t understand Mr. Lloyd.”


“Let’s remember our last section, you told me that you was tripping to California just to get together some girl who you were falling for her. And I asked you about if all your plans didn’t realized, what did you do after. Unfortunately you argue with me saying that she was falling in love to you, too… But I didn’t see any trait of happiness in your face today.” 


Of course the psychoanalyst knew something about body language. He loves a psychology quote that says “your silence tell me more, then you know” , Doctor James Lloyd had an impression that meeting in California wasn’t good, and probably the girl didn’t feel the same thing for Andrew. He noticed his shoulders were curved forward when walked into the clinic, this means that this person wanted to defense himself from something or probably a unconscious desire to not to be seen. But in the case of Andrew it was so clear, he was trying to defend himself from the analysis and all questions that could be ask. This was psychoanalytical process knew as repression. According to Freud, Repression is a involuntary process of defense to uncomfortable thoughts and desires in the unconscious, in the Andrew’s case he was repressing painful memory from his trip to California. 


“ Dr. Lloyd, you know me well… Of course this trip was terrible to me! I was staying at my university colleague house who his family lives in California. I talked with her by messages while I was there, preparing everything for our meeting, we decided to go to the cinema to watch the Johnny Depp’s new movie that I don’t remember the name. For my unpleased she invited her sister to come with us.”


“Yes, she was right. She never knew who was the real person behind the messages. I notice in your speech that means to me, ‘why she invited this stupid girl if she was falling in love to me?’ this sounds me very angry. Because if it was be a date she didn't invited this chick, but now with three persons of course it isn’t a date but is a friendship meeting…”


“ Exactly… But this happening wasn’t the real problem for all. We had a good time before we went to see a movie, but when we were in the cinema I had tried get more a intimacy with her but she didn’t let me stay closer.”


“Sure, she brought her sister. To give her more safe, mainly against to you.” 


“ Answer me! Why did she need her sister vigilance? I’m not rapist, hijacker!”


“ Perhaps this isn’t the right question that you would want to ask me.”


“ And so, what question would I want to ask you?”


“ Actually is… what did she fell ‘bout you? and what did she want with you?”


The silence apear in this moment, the true has appeared. Andrew started to weep uncontrollable like a child, meanwhile Dr. Lloyd stood up from his chair and take some paper tissue giving to Andrew and he backed to his chair and started to talk again.


“ After this meeting, Have you decided meet up again another day?”


“Yes.. When the movie has finished, I gave to her a gift that I bought here Boston before I flew to California, it was a John Mayer CD. She hugged me and thanked me for a present. I asked her to we meet up another day. She said that she was very busy and didn’t have a free time, only just on Saturday at Church. I liked a lot this idea. But on Saturday she didn’t tell me nothing, this made me feel so anxious just thinking about what could happen after the mass.”


“What could happen after the mass?”


“We could go out to dinner anywhere, or talk in front of the Church and I could tell her which was my intentions to travel to California…” 


“Was your intentions to travel to California? Or was your intentions with her?”


“My intentions with her.”


“And, which were?”


“ I wanted start a relationship with her, and on future get marriage.”


“ Are these a good reasons, hum?”


“Yes…”


“ Tell me, what was really happen after the mass?”


“ Well, when the mass had finished she walked into to the Church but not going in my direction, I thought she was waiting for something. Or she wanted that I was going to talking with her, or she was waiting that I was going out.”


“ What made you thought that she waiting you going from the Church to home without to talk before with her? Maybe I guess you’re telling me this, ‘I’m not capable enough to talk with her and I have to choose two choices, one put me on the fire and the another put me on comfortable. And If I chose the comfortable I will suffer the consequences of my choice. But If I had chosen the fire, I’m so sure the things were different today.’ I can tell you, neither you had chosen the fire or the comfortable we couldn’t know how it ends…”


Again the silence came into the section. Doctor James Lloyd has ended the section and schedule with Andrew the next section. 



© 2014 Thiago Phelippe Da Gama Soares


Author's Note

Thiago Phelippe Da Gama Soares
If you see any grammar problems, please write a comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014
Tags: psychoanalysis, Freud, Doc. Lloyd, Andrew, Monday


Author

Thiago Phelippe Da Gama Soares
Thiago Phelippe Da Gama Soares

Brasilia, Federal District, Brazil



About
I want learn write more effective. more..

Writing