Death of a Fantasy.

Death of a Fantasy.

A Poem by thundershine
"

Losing a love you never had

"
The night was chilled & the dew shuddered on the long blades of grass. The moon was almost full & the lights from the street lamps cast an eery glow on the street.

 A young girl stood there, hands clasped around her lovers waist. She felt his life in her palms, she heard it bounce off her eardrums. She never felt so alive. Yet there was a canopy of doubt surrounding her soul like a vicious claw. Something bad was going to happen, she could sense it in her bones. The fog started to gather & swirl around her mind.

Confused, she let go & watched him walk away into the mist. Fear took control of her feelings. Dazed, she turned & shook her head as if to banish the thoughts swarming inside like angry wasps. She knew something had died. Inside of her, the flame had burnt out. In its place was a panicky echo of bewilderment.

Then, she looked below & saw it lying there, still & lifeless. Her eyes opened wide in shock. She tried to speak, but silence came forth... she was the lone witness to the death of the fantasy.

© 2015 thundershine


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on July 8, 2015
Last Updated on July 8, 2015
Tags: music, sadness, romance, loss, sorrow, love

Author

thundershine
thundershine

PA



About
I am a traveler on this spinning mud-ball we call earth. more..

Writing