Silence.

Silence.

A Poem by thundershine
"

broken trust

"
The loudest sound that one can hear, is the sound of nothingness in the ear.
The loneliest dripping of the tear, is when one chooses to be far away when near.
The most tormenting thought one does bare, is what could've been if she bewared.
The most easy trap to fall ensnared, is wanting to go back to when life was fair.
 Silence is my familiar companion now, watch him take a lonely bow. His noise is an echo across time, how I wish he were not mine.
In his place once was Friendship, he was a far better man. He wanted to talk to me every day, his adoration rang out amongst the lands.
But Friendship left before it ever bloomed, & left her staring at the moon.
Silence took his place that eve, for what once was Friendship had deceived.

© 2015 thundershine


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the thoughts you put into this poem and as a fan of rhyming, I appreciate that as well. There is clearly loneliness and despair to be found among the lines. Broken trust is hard to recover. Perhaps the silence says it best.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
1 Review
Added on July 8, 2015
Last Updated on July 8, 2015
Tags: trust, broken, sadness, romance, dreams, poetry

Author

thundershine
thundershine

PA



About
I am a traveler on this spinning mud-ball we call earth. more..

Writing