Love's Lost Way

Love's Lost Way

A Story by Lyghea
"

Based around a true story

"

Emily Dylan always talked to her best friend, Sky Vanderville, about her crush �" Jordan Baylie. Emily and Jordan were the best of friends. Baylie knew Em liked him. Their friendship begins to fall apart in the blink of an eye. Here’s the story:

 

            It was Friday night and I was IMing my friend, Becky, while babysitting my neighbors.

Alexis LS: hey

Becky LS: hi

Alexis LS: what’s up

Becky LS: nm. Hbu

Alexis LS: babysitting. T or D?

Becky: Sure. D

Alexis LS: Give Andy an X-Mas gift

Becky LS: okay. T or D

Alexis LS: D

Becky LS: next 4?

Alexis LS: Yeah.

Becky LS: Kay. Give Jordan a poem with 143 at the end, get him an X-Mas gift, give him a hug, tell him your rating for him.

Alexis LS: okay

Beck LS: I gtg… Sorry ~ bye

Alexis LS: Okay. Bye (:

 

            I started writing my poem, 143, to Baylie right away. I couldn’t wait. But, when Monday came �" I gave J his poem. “What’s this?” J started opening the note. “Don’t!” I was starting to shout. “But,” J started before I interrupted him. “Open it and read it privately. Please,” I begged. “Okay,” J accepted as he looked at me with his dashing smile that I could never resist. I smiled worriedly back at him. I wasn’t talking for the rest of the day. Later I woke up on the bus from my phone ringing. It was Sky. “Hello,” I asked. “Alex,” she paused for a moment, “Baylie is laughing at the poem. He showed it to Meg and Olivia, too. I’m sorry. He’s an a*s,” Sky told me. I hung up immediately. I was crying. I sat in my room for the rest of the night, crying. I couldn’t help it… it’s like my tears took over my whole body as they poured out of my eyes. I cried myself to sleep. I woke up to the smell of bacon cooking. I got up, showered, dressed, and then raced upstairs. I ate the cinnamon and apple pancakes and quickly ate the 8 pieces of bacon. I raced out the door to my bus stop. As I waited for the bus, I could feel the tears starting against my rosy, cold face. I fought it back as much as I could in school that day. 

 

            At lunch I didn’t sit in my usual spot, between Baylie and Meg. I sat by one of my best friends, Julie. “Hey,” Julie greeted me as I found her sitting where she usually sat. “Hi.” I sat down next to her and opened my lunchbox which contained a turkey and butter sandwich, a Kit Kat, and a thermos of milk. “How are you doing,” Julie asked me kindly. I started tearing up because I started thinking about t and everything just seemed to be wrong. Julie gave me a hug. Casey came over and sat by us. Julie got up to throw her garbage away when Casey asked me, “Jordan,” he asked. I nodded. “Sorry. Hey, wanna go for a walk by the lake later? Get things off your mind,” Casey asked me trying to make sure I wasn’t too upset. I nodded again. He gave me a hug then went back to his table. Julie looked at me. “He knows you’re going to the dance with Baylie, right,” Julie asked being the only one that knew our secret. I nodded again. “You need to tell J,” Julie told me. I knew she was right but I didn’t want to. I nodded doubtfully as I looked up and saw Sky coming. Baylie looked at me and gave me a dirty look. It seemed like he could care less (so as it seemed). Casey turned around, and just looked at me and smiled before his attention was brought back by Jordan. I walked over to Meg. “Hey, is 4.7 part 2 due tomorrow or…,” I asked unpleasantly. “Tomorrow. Did you get 39?” Meg gave me a puzzled look. I nodded. “I’ll explain it in class,” I answered back to my nodding. Baylie looked at me, shook his head, and then pushed me aside to put his arm around Meg. Meg smiled deviously at me.

 

            I was about to go back to my place when Casey gestured me back over to him. I raised my eyebrows and shook my head. He got up, grabbed my arm and pulled me aside to an empty table. “What do you want,” I snapped. “An explanation, that’s all,” Casey spoke back to me. I figured J started talking about the dance or saying mean things about me that called for him wanting to know something from me that he doesn’t know. “No,” I answered back firmly. “Dylan, I’m not asking or offering. I want an explanation. You and Baylie have been exchanging dirty looks and usually you guys talk non-stop. You’re not talking to anyone but me. Please tell me what happened,” Isaac begged me. Well, more of demanded. Demanded me �" Emily Dylan? No! Unacceptable! Ugh! I looked at him. “Please,” Isaac looked rather helpless and pathetic at that point. I didn’t know what to say. We literally just got dismissed for recess when I decided I was going to tell him. I sat at the table by the swirly slid, basketball hoop, and rock climbing wall. Casey found me there and sat down right next to me. I sighed. “Baylie asked me to the dance…,” I was interrupted. “I know. It’s about time. Then after that we can stop with all this drama so it’s just you and me,” Isaac sweetly spoke as he gave me a hug. I stopped and asked, “What do you mean finally?” “He acts like your boyfriend. I’m your boyfriend. And I know you guys are just friends �" but I still think he likes you,” Casey sounded rather disgusted more than anything else. “He doesn’t,” I softly told him as a tear fell onto the table. “I don’t even think we’re friends.” “Meg,” he asked. I nodded. “Sorry, I didn’t know,” Casey apologetically said. I thought of it as if Casey thought he was being replaced by J. I think he thinks Meg is as bad as I do. We went in from recess after that. I didn’t talk. I got home �" wrote �" then cried myself to sleep once again.

 

            On Wednesday when I got to school, I unpacked my belongings and put my stuff away. I grabbed my laptop and placed it on my desk. I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Casey again. He gave me his look. I knew what he wanted. “Tell me the rest of the story,” Casey demanded. “Meg likes Jordan. She wants to go to the dance with him. I knew this was going to happen. It always does,” I finally managed to spit out. “It hasn’t happened to us,” Casey reminded me. “No one knows but Julie about us,” I re-reminded him. Casey shrugged his shoulders. He could see me starting to cry again. He gave me a hug. “Sorry, I thought he liked you �" not Meg,” Casey softly said to me. “Meg,” I put out as I was starting to silently cry. I walked out of the room; grabbed Baylie’s present, then left. Later we had our Christmas parties. I started talking to Becky, Julie, Alana, and Sky. Baylie approached me. “Hey,” he greeted me. “Hi,” I quickly responded. “Are you mad at me because of what happened with Meg?” I looked at his beautiful green eyes. I walked away. I didn’t notice he was behind me until he tapped my shoulder. I turned around and looked at him for a split second before he gave me a hug. “I’m sorry,” Baylie apologized. I ignored him until it was time to leave. He gave me another hug good-bye. “I’ll be on later to talk to you,” Casey shouted as he ran out the door to his bus. “I went home upset and in tears. He didn’t go on that night. He went on Thursday ~ fortunately.

Baylie13: hey

Alexis LS: hi

Baylie13: what’s up?

Alexis LS: nm. Hbu?

Baylie 13: nothing. So, the whole dance thing �" I said no to Meg

Alexis LS: stop

Baylie 13: what do you mean?

Alexis LS: just go with her

Baylie 13: no. that’d be rude and mean. I’m going with you

Alexis LS: just go with your girlfriend. Please. I can’t take it. :’(

Baylie13: no

Alexis LS: YES!

Baylie13: NO!

Alexis LS: GO WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND STOP PRETENDING YOU CARE ABOUT ME

*Alexis LS is offline*

Baylie13: I do care. I wanted you. Amo te

[Message was not sent because Alexis LS is offline]

 

            He never went on after that. I emailed him 6 times �" and I got nothing. I emailed him once more about a group reading project. He emailed me back about it. I emailed Baylie again asking why he’s ignoring me, and I got nothing back. It’s been 6 days since our Christmas break started. It’s unbearable. Gladly, the next day he emailed me. He said he was spending too much time with his family that he didn’t get the chance to email me back and anything really. I was somewhat worried and pleased when he came to Alana’s house to work on our reading project. Baylie walked through the door. “Hey, Dylan,” he greeted me smiling. I waved “hi” and raced downstairs. I looked through my sketchbook and found the page. It contained a drawing of a waterfall with a cliff-off that had Baylie’s and mine’s initials engraved in the sand contained below in the cave. There were only four of us there at that point. Just me, Becky, Baylie, and Alana. Alana and Becky were upstairs talking. I heard footsteps on the stairs and I thought it was Becky. “Becky! Come here! I wanna show you my drawing I was telling you about,” I shouted from around the corner. That’s when I saw J peer around the corner. “Hey. Can we talk,” Jordan asked me. I stared at him. “Why are you mad at me,” J pleaded. “I’m not mad,” I explained. “Yeah you are. Tell me,” Baylie sounded rather demanding. Becky and Alana came down the stairs at that point.

 

            I signed to Becky telling her what happened. Alana ran upstairs and came down a minute later with Casey, Sky, and Julie. I talked to Julie for a bit until Sky asked, “Where’s Leo? He’s supposed to be here.” “I don’t know and I’m going to go walk over and see where he is,” Becky put forward, “who wants to come,” she added. “I will!” Alana, Becky, Baylie, and Sky all went along. Julie and I started playing Ping Pong and ended up hitting Casey quite a bit. “Sorry, Isaac,” I sweetly said every time with the cute smile I knew he couldn’t ever resist. I ran into the wall by mistake and my head started hurting. I sat down on the couch in the basement with Casey. We heard the doorbell ring. Julie ran upstairs hoping it was Austin. As she went upstairs, Casey stood up and turned on the radio. He put his arms around my waist and I out my arms around his neck. He leaned in and kissed me. We didn’t notice Austin came down until Julie shouted. We stopped immediately. Austin looked at us funny. Julie explained what was going on. “Oh,” Austin let out a long sigh of relief. Casey and I laughed. Just then, everyone came back �" with Leo. “Okay, let’s start,” I called as I handed my video camera to Becky. We did the first couple scenes. As I was waiting for the 3rd scene to start, I was at the top of the stairs. J stood at the bottom. “Why,” he asked me. “I’m not mad,” I told him. “Why are you upset,” he continued. “Because,” I started to say. Baylie finished for me, though. “You’re scared. Please don’t be, I wanted to tell you that,” Jordan was interrupted by Sky. “Jordan! Get out of the shot! Come on! Jeez,” Sky yelled fiercely. Jordan nodded at me and went downstairs by Leo. I finished the scene and as I waited for the last section to be filmed, I went downstairs with Sky where Leo and Jordan were sitting by the home theater. I looked at Sky. “Hey, Becky just texted me saying they’re ready to film the last scene down the street,” I told the 3 people that were downstairs. Sky nodded as did Leo; the two of them started upstairs.

 

            I was about to walk upstairs when Baylie grabbed me. I shooed his hand off my shoulder. He grabbed my arm. “You,” he started as he pointed to my heart, “you and me. God brought us together for a reason. This is our reason.” “What is,” I asked for I saw nothing. J gave me a hug. I looked at him confused and somewhat pleased. I shrugged my shoulders and went upstairs when Sky and Becky looked at me in a strange way. We all started walking towards the forest trail. “Did he kiss you,” Sky asked happily. I shook my head. “Just a hug,” I added. “Oh,” Becky quietly mumbled to herself. “Ummmm… Becky?” Becky stopped. “No!” “What,” I asked. “I can’t… Sorry,” Becky finished. “Becky, what are you talking about? Wait. Are you talking about the thing that he was going to say?” I stood there confused as ever. Becky nodded, Becky and Sky exchanged looks. “Please tell me what’s going on,” I demanded. I was frustrated and I knew Sky and Becky knew I was losing all of my patience. “You’ll find out in a few minutes,” Sky pointed out. “When I and Jordan have to hug as a part of our scene? We’re best friends in and out of the play. Why does that matter?” I looked at Sky for an answer.  Finally, it was my scene with J. I loved giving him hugs. I don’t know exactly why, I just do. “Action,” Becky yelled as she pressed the record button on my camcorder. “Austin, I know it’s hard. Please, you don’t have to go,” I recited as J jumped down from the tree. “Katrina, you know I can’t,” Jordan recited as he was trying to remember his lines. “Austin, you’re my best friend! I don’t want you to leave,” I spoke back. “Jordan amas. Amo te Emily.” Baylie kissed me. “Amo te Jordan. Emily amas,” I answered back. I could see Casey was mad. Sky smiled as Becky shouted, “And cut!” Casey charged up to Jordan. He was about to when Casey saw me. I signed to me, “We’ll talk about this later.” Casey and Sky went to the side and started talking to each other. Casey and I sorted out our differences and it was all good. Baylie went on that night.

 

Baylie13: I know how you really feel about me asking Meg. I’m not going to ask her. Sky told me the truth.

Alexis LS: y

Baylie13: I kissed you �" not Meg

Alexis LS: but you like Meg more than me

Baylie13: Not anymore.

Alexis LS: For real then? You mean it all?

Baylie13: YES! I love you.

Alexis LS: I love you, too.

Baylie13: I gtg… sorry. Bye <3

Alexis LS: TTYT. Bye. <3

 

            I overjoyed and thanked Sky immediately. “I know how much pain you were in and when you kept telling him to ask Meg �" I could see it,” Sky texted me. “Thanks (: I’m glad you’re there for me” That was pretty much the end of my texting session with Sky. The week we got back to school was more interesting. I sat in my usual spot by Julie. It was an unusual day since Baylie sat by Julie and I. Casey found it suspicious and decided to come over and see what was up. “I have to tell you something I’m not happy with Emily since she didn’t tell you earlier,” Meg started when she came over. “Emily, your secret is out,” Meg continued as she smiled deviously at me. I shook my head in disappointment. Casey looked at me and I nodded. “Meg, don’t,” Casey begged. “But, she likes J,” Meg was interrupted by me. “Baylie, Casey and I have been dating for the past 3 months.” J’s jaw practically dropped. “Is that why you wanted me to ask Meg,” J asked confused. I nodded. “Meg, how’d you find out about this,” I asked curiously. “He has a tendency to talk about you quite a bit ya know �" and some other clues gave it away.” “Like what?” I admit I talk about Emily a little; I didn’t think it was that obvious though,” Casey put out. “Ha! You would think that,” Meg started. “Anything that anyone brings up, you somehow make it about her. I think when you hold her hands and give her hugs �" it becomes just a tad bit more obvious.” Meg finally finished. “Not to mention your secret,” I said raising my eye brow. “No,” Meg shouted. “Oh yes. You told him mine, I tell him yours.” J was about as confused as ever. “Did you know that Meg was,” I was interrupted by Meg. “I’m… Well… I’m dating Leo. I cheated on you with Leo and on Leo with you,” Meg finished. J stopped immediately, picked up his lunch and left. His last words he said to me were, “If Casey ever hurts you I’ll have to hurt him. Sorry. I love you. Always have, always will.” As he left our table, there wasn’t a single sound in the room.

 

            That’s the story of Emily Dylan. Her true story spoken through her words. She loves J and Casey. She is still dating Casey and the dance went perfectly fine with her, Casey, and Jordan. Megan was heart-broken when she got dumped by Leo and Jordan since Jordan told Leo what Meg was doing. Her reputation is known as the cheater. More surprises will be coming her way if she doesn’t get her attitude changed. Well, thanks for listening to her story!! ~Mandie (:

© 2012 Lyghea


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Neat! I love the IMing included :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SO GOOD!!! Love the storyline=)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

128 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 16, 2012
Last Updated on January 16, 2012

Author

Lyghea
Lyghea

Never Let Me Go



About
Quotes! *Everyone can write, Being able to make something out of that? That's true talent.* 1. Sometimes, the heart sees What’s invisible to the eye. 2. Never be bullied into silence.. more..

Writing
F**k Feelings F**k Feelings

A Poem by Lyghea


I Am Me I Am Me

A Poem by Lyghea