Turning Point

Turning Point

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

Senator Sanders speech in Puerto Rico

"
We would be wise to remember May 16th, 2016 for it just maybe the turning point for Senator Sanders. In his latest public appearance in Puerto Rico the Senator and Democratic Presidential candidate gave what amounts to be his most educational and poignant speech. A speech that details what is needed to secure Puerto Rico's and the United States future.
 
In the footsteps and traditions of America's greats Senator Sanders has blended qualities that are unmatched by today's other Presidential candidates. His empathy, compassion and understanding of the problems and crisis of today is very reminiscent of JFK. It has been over 60 years since the light of reason, hope, and a promise for a better future has been cast over this country. Still, the media, the establishment of both political parties, and the other two Presidential candidates have only continued to show their true colors. We have to remind ourselves that much of the public has already been duped by a bias media and trounced by his majesty the Trumpness which has kept much of the publics attention away from understanding that our democracy and way of life has already been stolen. Stolen by corporate greed, our own apathy and lack of education. All resulting in much of the publics inability in understanding what Senator Sanders campaign is all about.
 
This brings us back to that day in May where on the shores of Puerto Rico Senator Sanders may have just reached that turning point. A turning point where he has been swimming against the tide of political bias and corrupt voting irregularities. It was on that day he finally reached that spawning ground where his ideas and platform will finally take root. In the end it will secure the future for both the United States and Puerto Rico for generations to come.
 
In spite, the media and the DNC establishment will continue to do whatever it takes to disrupt, distort and eliminate much of what was discussed on that day in May in Puerto Rico. They will continue to focus on their predetermined candidate and those super delegates who by the way were already in Clinton's pocket well before this primary season even started. On the Republican side nothing sells better than the Trump train.
 
Today's obscene amounts of money in politics has only entrenched the status-quo. From day one Senator Sanders faced almost insurmountable odds against factions that still are doing everything they can to undermine what Bernie Sanders is focusing on. On that day in May though Sanders reached the turning point. But, it is up to the rest of us to understand the realistic and just balance that have always been there in every aspect of all his proposals. A plan of direction that deals specifically how they will improve everyone's quality of life and why every one of his proposals are realistic approaches in solving the many urgent crisis that we face today.  

© 2016 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on May 16, 2016
Last Updated on May 16, 2016
Tags: politics, election, corruption

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing