Blowing In The Wind

Blowing In The Wind

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

Memories of a past love

"
What memories are rekindled when listening to the music of my generation. Not to take anything away from the Kingston Trio or the Brothers Four but, many of their melodies are mirror reflections of events in life. It has already come to pass especially in my own life the rendition of many of those soul searching lyrics epitomizes the ecstasy and agony of lovers when they come together and then depart.
 
As I am in the late Autumn of my life the memories I hold dear have been acquired from a lifetime of bittersweet moments that resurface now and again. A rapturous smile so infectious continues to haunt my soul for I have always question what could have been? Now as I ponder the life I have led those memories of yesteryear have always been so dear. The what could have been and the what should have continue to reflect the decisions we make.
 
Once there was gaiety and joy all around. Once there were green leaves that never fell to the ground. Once there were blue skies high above. Once there were streams where fresh water used to run. Once there were gentle breezes kissed by the sun. Once I was part of an everlasting love. We were the lovers who set sail into the ocean of life. Never for a moment did we regret the move we made. Little did we know that the seas dictate their own terms. But, into troubled waters we sailed ahead.
 
Now, as I think back the troubled waters whose waves became insurmountable with the cold wind that swept into my heart tore us apart. Gone now is the ecstasy of lovers first kiss. Gone are the lovers who let their dreams depart. Where is the gaiety and joy that was around? Gone now are the green leaves for they are parched by the sun. What happened to those moments of lovers sweet embrace?
 
I was just a young man when my dreams were torn apart. Now, I keep searching but the dark clouds have always hidden the days ever since you went away. I really never knew what made you run away. The sea of life is as tumultuous as it gets. Outside forces continue their play. Still I keep remembering the shorten days of loves sweet caress. I only know there is nothing in this wide world left for me to see. Still, I keep hoping we will meet again.
 
It was the summer of `67 when loves sweet moments captivated my heart only to be ripped apart by the shifting seas. Those memories of that yesteryear have stayed through all the years. And yet I have always kept a place in my heart for the return of those moments that have kept those burning embers from blowing in the wind. 
 

© 2016 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a beautiful, heartfelt sentiment. Although it is sad, it does hold out some hope, which is good. It might be better written as a poem because it really just captures an intense feeling that is set apart from the need for further details like a story would. Maybe - just a thought. As a story, the introduction and closing alludes to songs but it might be more effective to keep that theme going throughout the body paragraphs, perhaps using some actual lyrics that spurred your emotions. The opening paragraph could use a more specific reference as well, what lyrics or what song brought out these feeling? Again, just some thoughts. I enjoyed reading it despite these comments. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
1 Review
Added on May 25, 2016
Last Updated on May 25, 2016
Tags: love, romance

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing