The Fate Of Mankind

The Fate Of Mankind

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

The fate of man depends on what we do in the next few years.

"
Biologists define life forms, Human beings included, as self-organizing systems regulating internal environments to maintain their organizational state, the metabolism serves to provide the energy and the reproduction allows all to continue the evolution process.
 
Ever since the dawn of civilization mankind has been searching for the answers to all of life's questions. Why am I here? What is the purpose of my life? What is the reason to live? What are we living for? What is the value of life? These questions have influenced every generation of man. It is how we interpret, play out and answer these questions that determine mans fate. So often through interpretation man has caused horrific damage to humanity and nature. A great truth today, from mans miss guided interpretation of life's questions has wrought our planet with almost irrevocable damage making all life forms that inhabit earth to suffer greatly and many to die out.

Are we destined to be the architects of total annihilation of life on earth or is man on a more constructive path toward harmony with one another and nature? At this moment in time both are being played out on earths stage. The intensity of mans conflicts resonates around the world leaving no doubt of their horrific carnage against man only to escalate into more destruction against humanity and nature. The other scenario playing out, people all over are witnessing societies generosity and constructive side in the aftermath of catastrophic natural disasters where whole populations gather up what they can in supplying relief to these stricken populations who are so devastated. It is this type of authentic construction in interpretation of life's questions that enables civilizations to not only rise above adversity but to actually thrive.
 
Through-out history we have witnessed these two sides of society being played out. The destructive path of man and the constructive side simultaneously occurring in various locations around the world. In each passing generation mankind's destructive side has only amplified the degree of devastation and atrocities against society and nature incapacitating mans constructive will to overcome all that was destroyed. If mankind fails to stops all that is being destroyed no amount of construction will ever be able to replace the devastation that is caused by some of man's thirst for power, control or monetary gains. Un-checked greed through-out history total civilizations have fallen, caused extinction of life forms  and have made our planet more volatile. The recent earthquakes in Haiti, Chile, Japan and Turkey are testament to the volatility of our planet. This while mankind continues to inflict horrific atrocities all around the globe.
 
It is now time for nations societies to eradicate the mass destruction against humanity and nature so that our planet will regain it's natural balance and restore every society to peace, harmony and prosperity. To continue as we are without an authentic sincere approach in construction of all societies around the world mankind's destructive side will undoubtedly bring Armageddon knocking right at our front door.
 
 

© 2016 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on July 22, 2016
Last Updated on July 22, 2016
Tags: War, terror, humanity

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing