The Tempest In America Today

The Tempest In America Today

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

Why the United states is in so much turmoil today

"
Never before in the history of this nation has there been such a sense that something is drastically wrong in America today. Now we have a Presidential candidate that with all his faults has hit a nerve with the American public today. A nerve that resonates the growing tempest that has seeped into every fabric of American society. He also is using tactics that are very reminiscent of political posturing that thrust the world into a world war.
 
With a complicit media, a very corrupt and devious Democratic Party and another Presidential candidate who continues to have troubles of her own it is no wonder that the American public are more disillusioned now more than ever. It didn't help either when this years shining bright light that burst onto the political scene was forever dimmed by the treacherous web of deceit spun by the Democratic party. The truth will come out eventually but until then that light of reason and hope that could have been continues to be clouded over by clouds of deception, deceit, and lies.
 
The moral fortitude of this nation is lost by an unprecedented amount of skulduggery rendered by both political parties and their respected candidates. Each one is a master at delusions of grandeur. And, yet there continues to be a very dangerous precedent taking shape. We have seen it before in history. This is when a political candidate takes it upon themselves to revoke, limit or completely refuse media access from attending and covering campaign events.
 
In the past we have seen this type of behavior evoke a national colossus of enthusiasm for the Nazi party. The German public were beguiled by the rhetoric spun by Adolf Hitler. Today, the United States public are being drawn in by the same type of behavior used to create the momentum that pushed Germany into accepting the Nazi Parties agenda. An agenda which set off the greatest Holocaust the world has ever seen and set the whole world ablaze in a world war. The devastation that followed was unmatched in the annals of History.
 
Granted the media does take liberties in stretching the facts and has on more than one occasion swayed public opinion. But, when you have a candidate like Donald Trump whose authoritarian personality commandeering the right of a free press is the first step toward a totalitarian state. If we, the public allow this to continue democracy as we know it will be extinguished forever. 
 
This is just the tip of the iceberg of troubles facing this nation. On one hand much of  the public are being beguiled the way Hitler swayed public opinion. And, on the other hand the media as well as our political candidates are ignoring the catastrophic disaster lying in wait right under our feet. An earthquake of economic calamity the likes of which will devastate this nation are virtually being dismissed, ignored, or deemed not a credible enough threat to address.  History is about to repeat itself yet again. Many economists have been warning about this coming financial disaster for some time now. Yet, we have people that could actually intercede and put in place preventative measures to ease the effects or even stop this disaster from occurring but are too busy spouting rhetoric that only continues to divide a once united nation.
 
When you have current tempests arising in Milwaukee and other cities all across this nation, where hopes and dreams are shattered in an instant by racial tensions that should never have arisen in the first place. Where opportunities continue to wither and die by half measures and the lack of political will to see what really needs to be done to improve the lives and livelihoods of so many impoverished Americans. Where the quick and easy fix is always the first recourse to remedy a problem yet creates more problems. Where the founding principals of our Republic have crumbled beneath our feet. It is no wonder then this nation continues to drift away into a vast sea of rebellious behavior whether it is brought on by racial injustice or economic injustice.
 
To right the wrongs that plague this nation neither of our two prominent Presidential candidates either have the tools within themselves or the political wherewithal to understand what really needs to pull this nation together. We have to understand that the allure of money continues to out pace the solutions to the needs of a growing frustrated public. It is readily apparent that the media is reaping huge profits from this years Presidential election cycle. The orchestrated appeal of Clinton and Trump has driven up profit margins of the likes of Media General, Time Warner, and Hearst Corporation. It is these corporations who continue to reap huge monetary dividends while ignoring the plight this whole nation faces.  

Meanwhile the tempest in America continues to grow and ignite more rebellious overtures all across this nation. We are sitting on a powder keg of financial and economic calamity where at any moment even the slightest spark in inflation could set off a series of events surpassing the times of the Great Depression. Today, the talking heads of political rhetoric spout platitudes and spew innuendoes that really have no impact on improving the quality of life facing millions of Americans wallowing away in desperation.
 
It has been all along a money game that is being played by the powers that be, the media and corporate America as the rest of America continues to fall into chaos. Lives are being lost, dreams continue to wither and die on that vine of lost opportunities, and livelihoods destroyed by the tempests that continue to swirl through every city and town across this country. Today, the money game that's played by the media where the cards are already stacked it is the American public who are the real losers. And, until we as a society wake up to the fact that we have been played like suckers and are being led like sheep by the money game that's played the American experience that made us unique will be lost to the ages.
 

 
 

© 2016 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on August 16, 2016
Last Updated on August 16, 2016
Tags: politics, election, corruption

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing