The Edge Of Darkness

The Edge Of Darkness

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

With the recent terror attack in Germany to the murder of the Russian diplomat could sent the whole world into chaos.

"
As the world tumbles it's way toward a conclusion far removed from my hopes and dreams there are those who hide behind cloaks of deception and deceit. Will mankind soon be on the brink of Armageddon where religious fanatics keep using a doctrine of terror and mayhem in carrying out their heinous intentions? Or will man finally find that "White Knight" who comes to the rescue to save that damsel in distress? The first case is more than likely. But, that White Knight is only a pipe dream. To think that our newly elected President as that White Knight think again. The probability for mankind to be thrust back into the cave of the Neanderthal increases with each burst of gun fire or a truck crashing into innocent civilians. 
 
Never before has an insurgency of Islamic Extremists taken such violent measures to enforce their ideology upon all those who have chosen a different path. Yet, we have those in Washington whose foreign policy decisions for years has only infuriated the wrath of insurgence all over the world. A doctrine of peace in our time has never been so far out of reach. One could arguably say that the United States has been instrumental in bringing about a world on the brink of disaster. It has been our foreign policy and actions that the US has carried out for years that has seen disastrous results.
 
The hot bed of mayhem has already been made. Through-out the world the streets are awash in blood and tears. Aleppo, a city already in ruins is a testament to the savagery and horror that continues. Questions now must be forth coming. Yet, those policy decision makers remain transfixed on a path that continues to keep the juggernaut of violence from ceasing. The elusive path toward conciliation has never been more difficult than it is today. For years we have been vigilant guardians of policies that only translate to corporate profits instead of the sanctity of life. We keep witnessing the after effects that has laid waste from sea to not so shiny sea.
 
The financiers of terror for ISIS, Al-Qaeda and the rest of their henchmen remain unfazed. Wave after wave of a more sinister horror is griping nations even as more funds flow into the coffers of terror. These new waves of terror are a duplicated copy of the playbook written ages ago. In more recent years the drug cartels in South America and Mexico kidnapping was the mainstay of garnishing funds to continue their illegal and most often murderous trade. Today, the global reach of ISIS and Al-Qaeda operatives have managed to infiltrate practically every country in the world. Terror knows no boundaries. This recent assassination of a Russian diplomat could be the catalyst that sparks global retaliation sending the world into an inferno. History could in fact be repeating. 
 
The ever increasing funds flowing into terrorists hands is a net result of nations unpreparedness to deal with the cascade of violence and horror as witnessed by all those who are unwillingly held captive. The staggering sums of cash now in the hands of ISIS and other terror groups is a constant reminder that terror remains a harsh reality of our modern world.  With a steady flow of funding these perpetrators of calamity continue their onslaught against all who won't conform to their radical doctrine. 
 
In just the last few years China was caught in the crossfire of terror. Chilling details of horror in Xinjiang where pro-independence militants backed by Al-Qaeda funding wrote a new chapter in the violence of our world. The continuing civil war in Syria, where ISIS reigns supreme and now this blatant murder of the Russian Ambassador has sparked the global fuse of retaliation. Just how long will the world be held captive by the injustices that just may have been provoked by our indifference and policies? Will we continue to impose a rationale that is by nature as different as night and day? Do we dare infuse a doctrine of righteous indignation on different cultures? We have now seen the results of what our foreign policies have wrought.
  
 We must remember that as long as there is enormous amounts of funds ending up with the terrorists groups whether they are the drug cartels of Mexico, ISIS and even Al-Qaeda operatives the reign of terror will continue. Understanding the rationale of ISIS and other terror groups whose sole purpose is to enforce their radical doctrine on others where monetary gain is instrumental to achieve that diabolical end is key to eliminating the threat that these insurgents pose. Much of the whole world is held captive where at any moment we are thrust to the edge of darkness must be the casting call for a global effort to end the insanity that has placed mankind right on the doorstep of destruction. Are we to end up like termites that will destroy the only home we have?  I for one surely hope not. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

© 2016 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on December 20, 2016
Last Updated on December 20, 2016
Tags: terror

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing