Black Energy

Black Energy

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

The need is apparent to safeguard the country form Black Energy

"
In an age of technological marvels there have been always those that will use the technology developed to achieve diabolical and selfish ends. The obsession for more power, control, and wealth has been the greatest instigator of all the wars and acts of aggression all through-out history. As with all the good that technology has brought to mankind so too has great evil been unleashed.
 
Today, there are those whose destinies are chartered by an unrelenting obsession for more power, control, and wealth. It is those individuals who have come to realize that for all the good that technology has been implemented so too it can be used to achieve their deceitful intentions. Mankind has reached a pivotal point in history, an age of light speed communications. Computer technology has created many avenues that have benefited humanity. But, with all of mankind's ingenuity there has to be personal responsibility that justifies there uses. When that personal responsibility is corrupted grave injustices will occur. Many have said mankind has reached another plateau in human development, innovation and achievement. Then again what mankind is witness to today by man's inhumanity to man and nature have we really reached that other plateau?
 
What we are witnessing today is the use of technology developed not as a means to a greater and better end but to threaten and destabilize a nation. It has come to the attention of United States cyber security officials that Russia is capable of using a particular software program to actually not only threaten but can literally turn the tables on a whole societies infrastructure. The devastation caused by what is now known as Black Energy can disrupt communications to the point that what we are accustomed to today like ATM's and other financial tools as well as suppliers of basic electricity could in all probability be shut down. A real life threatening occurrence just as destructive as an atomic bomb is the danger faced today. 
 
This malicious software, this Black Energy has not only intrigued but is so frightening to cyber security experts because of its intent and because where Black Energy has originated from. Black Energy is designed to target critical energy infrastructure originated with Russian government-sponsored cyber security professionals. Just recently Russian chess grand master Garry Kasparov recently claimed that Russian President Vladimir Putin is a greater threat to the United States than ISIS, al Qaeda terrorist groups and Boko Haram put together. Just how serious Russia's intentions really are is plainly evident when in 2014, President. Putin blatantly, publicly and unapologetically violated the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, which prohibits Russia from possessing missiles that could be used against targets in Europe. He is firmly convinced to make Russia resemble the old Soviet Union. And, now with a destructive "Trojan Horse" computer software that was created by a group of these very sophisticated cyber professionals sponsored by the Russian government gives Russia and President Putin the technological ability to shut down any countries electrical grid, oil and gas pipelines, water distribution systems, nuclear plants and virtually anything else tied into computers. And, Russia can do it with just a push of a button.
 
The scariest part is the fact that today according to the Pentagon there is no defense against it. In other words this Black Energy is the MRSA of the computer world. Today, contrary to what is told to the United States population we are quite literally at the mercy of Russia. If this cyber infection is transmitted and passes through every firewall around this Black Energy infection will switch off our whole energy grid, our water supply systems and every energy pipeline across the country. Now, for a moment just think of the scenario if our computer systems were invaded by this Black Energy virus. Not a pretty picture for sure. A nation wide panic would ensue and countless millions will perish. Questions have to be asked with concise answers to stop this diabolical threat.
 
But, this is just part of the problem facing the United States today. As those budget cutting blood hounds most notably our Republican led financial wonders of political expediency continue their assault on the general public's welfare they just can't seem to grasp the seriousness of how vulnerable we really are. Vulnerable, from both national and international turmoil. The constant threats coming from seemingly all directions combined with the likelihood of a Black Energy strike our future as a nation remains in grave jeopardy.
 
To stop the imminent threat of a Black Energy virus attack and to restore this nations ability to safeguard our infrastructure so that we actually are capable of defending and eliminating any and all threats revolutionary reforms must be implemented. Education is paramount to ensure the American Public of why these reforms are needed and what precisely they will do to achieve the stability, security and the prosperity for this nation and every American in it. For this purpose National Economic Reform's Ten Articles of Confederation when implemented will be the tools that this country needs to address the many internal crisis we face and posture a non combative approach that we haven't had for years in our foreign policy.
 
 
 

© 2017 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews



Thank you for bringing this serious topic to the attention of myself and readers here on Writerscafe …

I have always loved and respected the Russian people, having taken an interest in Russian history and literature during my teenage years … Please note that I said the Russian people and not, necessarily, the Russian government … Sadly, I tend to think that the two most powerful nations on Earth also are cursed with the two most corrupt, deceptive, aggressive, and war mongering governments … In all honesty, our own government may up one on the Russian government in the corrupt, deceptive, aggressive, and war mongering department, but who is to really say? …

Vladimir Putin is a man to be respected and never under estimated … In my humble opinion, the USSR never fell … The United States did not win any cold war … Cunning leadership in the Soviet Union simply created and played out a military strategy maneuver known as a feint, where an enemy feigns weakness and retreats in order to regroup, recoup, replenish resources, and revise their strategy against their enemy in order to later defeat them … That said, I have always been convinced that the USSR cut its satellite states loose in order to appear weak, while actually doing so enabled them to focus on making their nation, smaller, leaner, more muscularly stronger and efficient, as the formidable adversary we face today … In buying time, which is exactly what a feint accomplishes, Russia is now powerful enough to take back all of its former vassal states any time it chooses to do so … But first, the prophecy of Nikita Khrushchev must be made reality … If memory serves me correctly, Khrushchev stated that America would fall to Socialism and the USSR without firing a shot, a statement that appeared ludicrous at that time in history, but in light of your reported Black Energy Malware, it is more than quite possible that such a scenario could take place before our very eyes …

It has been a concern of mine for quite some time that the invention of the computer and its use in our military, serving as a virtual brain-like control center for our tanks, artillery, missiles, and aircraft, could one day serve as our nemesis if, and when, an attacking nation successfully found a way to interfere with, or shut down, our military operational computers … In such a case, at least until we were able to overcome and commence normal operations again if we could, any sizable nation could bring their sweet asses over here and kick our butts with World War II vintage aircraft and weapons, because, for all practical purposes, we would be technological paralyzed sitting ducks … Computers and the Internet are nice, but I have always viewed them as more than dangerous in the wrong hands, and I would never trust the security of our nation to our ability to defend the Internet or our computers … Of course, we are there, and so must deal with the situation as it is …

With the Black Energy Malware you speak of, Russia could disable our entire nuclear arsenal, launch a semblance of a nuclear attack of their own, and then call Washington and demand total and unconditional surrender, or else the next attack would not be just for show ... Very serious situation here, for certain …

Thanks again for sharing …


Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 29, 2017
Last Updated on March 29, 2017
Tags: Energy, Humanity

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing