The Greenfields of Yesterday

The Greenfields of Yesterday

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

Teh failure of the US government in international and domestic affairs continues.

"
'Once there were Greenfields kissed by the sun. Once there were Greenfields where rivers used to run.' Those lyrics by the Brothers Four sure bring back memories of those wonderous days of yesteryear.  Those were the days where we'd thought they never end. The innocence of that bye-gone era is now almost impossible to renew. To this day we have yet to comprehend or even contemplate what was already happening to our world.  The untold truths of what has become a world now filled deception in willful acts have transformed the concepts that were instilled in our education of our youth. We were always led to believe our government would never betray the American population and the Constitution. Yet, for over 150 years that is exactly what has and is happening.

We must first realize what the United States and the world is going through today. When the latest State of the Union message was delivered the Biden Administration as in past State of the Union messages failed to deliver the truth of what our state of the nation and the world is actually in. The ramifications of failed economic domestic policies as well as international directives through the years have unleashed the tempests we face now. 

True to form the gloss over of the current crisis facing millions of Americans has only continued. This when so many tangible and interconnecting contingencies have overwhelmed so many. Now, and yet again our government's failure to understand what triggered the crisis in the Ukraine has unleashed drastic implications through-out the whole world. 

The consequences of not really considering both Ukraine and Russia's economic and financial situations has now propelled both countries in conflict with each other. And now when the US follows in accord with the European Union, NATO and the United Nations with joint resolutions sanctioning Russia as being the antagonist is a dangerous and shortsighted attempt to justify what is actually the posturing of Ukraine in a willful act of forcing more confrontation.

There are many points to consider but unfortunately, we have always assumed Russia as being the instigator in any attempt to secure their own future stability. And in some cases that may hold water. But today that is not the case. 

When we should have considered from Russia's point of view, where we already assumed Russia as the perpetrator we didn't. It was back in early 2021 when Ukraine's president unilaterally shut down pro Russia TV channels and froze businessman Viktor Medvedchuk's financial assets. These two acts concerned the future of Russia's financial stability. Regardless of what we have already heard in the US freezing of financial accounts always does have adverse effects to both the individuals included but has a greater impact on all the other contingencies that always follow such actions. The result being that Russia interpreted these actions as Zelenskvv's government leaning toward the western alliances and not as a truly independent nation.  

The assumption that Ukraine and many of the other European nations are energy independent is false. The Russian economy thrives on its oil and gas exports to which the US has now relied on also. Now considering the Ukraine's position toward asserting more Western ties while still dependent on Russia's energy sources is a paradox that wasn't even considered in the reactions the US, NATO, and the rest of the European Union has taken. 

When President Putin sent in military forces into known regions in Ukraine that have shown no allegiance toward both countries was never considered either in the reactions from the West.  Ukraine has now used these contingencies as motivation to continue escalating this crisis that has now threatened the entire European continent. All the while the US has failed again to understand not only the rational of President Putin and why he is willing to push the envelope sort of speaking to assure Russia's economic stability. Least we forge the United States has pushed the envelope in doing similar actions in the past. 

We have now entered a quandary when Ukraine's strategic goal is becoming a member of NATO and the European Union. Yet all the West is doing with the sanctions against Russia and the military buildup in support of Ukraine just adds to the antagonistic approach Ukraine and the West are doing. 

The United States must realize that when two nations remain focused on their own resolve where one is the aggressor there has to be concessions made by both countries. The objective now is to negotiate and broker those concessions that are amicable for both Ukraine and Russa. We must realize that the US foreign policy ever since the end of World War II has been one failure after another. We created either inadvertently or not much destabilization in other countries to the point that our own credibility is in question. Now when we Alline ourselves as staunch supporters of retaliation against an aggressor nation without even considering why Russia initially pursued a military response to substantially secure their economic and financial stability has only exasperated this growing crisis.

The United States must make every effort to secure resolutions to end what is travesty on humanity. To do this is to not only listen to Russia's objectives but try to negotiate between Ukraine to accept some if not all these following requirements. To felicitate the end of Russian forces occupation Ukraine needs to recognize Crimea and Sevastopol as Russian territory, a renouncement of plans to join NATO, demilitarization of the country and negotiation of the situation in Donbas. When the Secretary of State has recently stated the US and the West are willingly ready to push the envelope further in pursuit of more armed conflict in retaliation is the wrong move. All the US and the West are doing is escalating what is amounting to be a Global catastrophe that can be stopped.

This international crisis has raised other disturbing facts of what our government is capable of. For far too long the wheels of government has perpetrated many other willful acts that have decimated economies, forced humanitarian crisis on an international scale and contributed to the many instabilities that have had lasting repercussions. Many of which were never meant to be made public. The America experience has turned out like the Matrix. What we are taught and led to believe disguises a carefully executed deceptive plan. 

 For a nation that was founded by the guiding principles of Liberty, Justice, Education, and Morality have all withered by the decay of corruption, deceit, and greed of those who we entrusted to do the publics good. From humble beginnings of a fledging nation to the harsh realities of today the American public have been grossly misled. While some Presidents and members of Congress thought they were moving the country in the right direction only to have the public ill prepared for the consequences of their actions have had lasting effects on every American. Some of those actions taken were designed to deceive the public and entrench a ruling class elite. 

Governmental cover ups are nothing new. Many were under the guise of National Security while others were purposely omitted in the education of the public. A self-protecting mechanism of policies that served not the public but the ruling class elites. This has been going on for far too long. It is in education that we learn history. But, if in the teachings there are omissions, and distortions of what actually happened we will always be prone to repeat mistakes of our past and be totally unaware of what was done.

In the history of the United States there are instances where certain governmental actions and events that have been purposely omitted in our education and generally deemed unreliable that have had profound effects on all Americans even to this day. It is not just in the history of the United States that events that actually occurred have been covered up but in the history of the world many still can't fathom all that was actually done.

It was after the War of 1812 history teachings have completely omitted the truth of what occurred to cause the original 13th Amendment to vanish from what we are taught in American history. In essence the original 13th Amendment forbid Bar Attorneys from holding public office. This Amendment just showed how concerned our Founding Fathers were about the future of the country. The realized that legislative corruption starts when our public servants are vested into conflicts of interests. Today, when we have over 95% of members of Congress are Bar Attorneys which if the original 13th Amendment was invoked, there would be only about 9 current members legally allowed to serve.

Again, in 1871 after the Civil War the government of the United States set the president of blatant disregard for the Original Constitution when they passed the Act of 1871. This Act is the most damaging piece of legislation that has affected every American since its passage. To this day in our teachings of US history too many of us can't comprehend what our government actually did and the underlying reasons of why they did it. Yet today we are taught that the Act of 1871 benefited the people of Washington D.C. Sure it helped the population of D.C. but, the real essence of that Act did irreparable harm to the publics freedoms and inherited rights that were established under the Original Constitution with the Original 13th Amendment intact.

When people hear or are told the Act of 1871 turned our government into a corporation, they assume it is just another conspiracy theory drummed up to stir the imagination of a country gone wild. What we are taught and what actually occurred are two entirely different scenarios especially in the education about the Act of 1871. The public has been indoctrinated into accepting what we are taught. It is therefore the publics unilateral denial that our government could have purposely committed treason when they passed the Act of 1871.

These two instances in our past set the stage for more abusee's of power by governmental officials. Had the public been taught of what our government actually did this nation would be debt free and our inherited rights would still be intact. Now, we are faced with insurmountable debt and too many of our freedoms are gone. These two blatant omissions, the Original 13th Amendment and the Act of 1871, are the two most significant actions by our own government that are not included in today's curriculums in the teachings of US history. It is time that these missing pages of our past be included in our education to prevent abusee's of power by government.

For those of you who can't fathom the paradox of United States history when so many variables are now centered around the erosion of our inherent rights and freedoms is one of certainty. The ongoing trials of obtaining basic necessities continues to mount. And the real reasons that would negate most of the nation's woes lay under the dogma of other external affairs concealing every miniscule effort to ease the suffering of millions of Americans.

© 2022 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on March 4, 2022
Last Updated on March 4, 2022
Tags: Ukraine crisis admits a continue

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing