Another Time

Another Time

A Poem by Choosing Life
"

His name brought these thoughts to life and inspired by the song playing.

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In another life, place, and time my words would find you. They would cover you up with the fullness of my heart and help you to see what love was meant to be. Beyond the cracks of my heart, I cross over them all to capture a second of realization in your eyes. In another existence I would find my heart so one with yours that the winds would move for us and the stars would change shapes to acknowledge the beauty we alone would create when we smiled at each other. My hand would open knowing only yours could fit there. And I would give of me until you knew it like your own name that I love you so. In another time and place I wouldn’t have to swallow the words that want to touch you. I won’t need to hide the tears that form at the feelings of fulfillment that come from us. You wouldn’t be able to deny that when we touch the whole world changes and that when we speak the darkness of heavy days find themselves lighter. In another time and place there wouldn’t be so much left unsaid and so much more denied and I wouldn’t have to hide how much I long to fall into you and how much  I already have. In another world you would be mine, happily, growing as we bask in a love that only knows life through the combination of you and I. We would hear our hearts speaking as our eyes dance at glances across our living room. In another place I could be sure I would always know your heart and that I would always be a priority that is met and must be met with gladness by you. In your arms I would know forever and nothing would change what only we could build. See in that, the obstacles and opposition would melt at the flow of our compatibility, and our companionship would cause us to be the ultimate team. In another time and place I could explain myself so clearly and both your dreams and fears would rest safely in me. Your voice would find new ways to make me believe in fairytales and your actions would create them from out of thin air. In each other we would find old hurts would die and somehow our love would grow without bounds. In another place and time I could meet you there and know for sure all that I see through my heart is fact. In another time I would never need to hold back my words or feelings and you would be such a great recipient of the love I have to share. Through the clouds I see it in the space that is too vast to measure and too far off to touch, that I belong with you. But those things exist in another time and place in a world so far away. Yet I think it may live in me because I feel it dying and wanting so badly to survive.

 

 

"No One Else" - Amel Larrieux

© 2008 Choosing Life


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

An impressive surge of emotionally-charged wishfulness. There is a heart-breaking desperation in the love that refuses to give up the dream it holds so strongly. Yet it is all in another place in another time. Ach, so sad. Yet that last sentence! It is not a dream after all. But you only know this for the saddest of reasons. Bows head at the power of this piece. This is the strongest of the ones I have read today. To say well done doesn't seem right as this is just how things are for you, right? You just have to express things this way with this force. Not easy, but brilliant for an outsider to witness. Good luck!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

An impressive surge of emotionally-charged wishfulness. There is a heart-breaking desperation in the love that refuses to give up the dream it holds so strongly. Yet it is all in another place in another time. Ach, so sad. Yet that last sentence! It is not a dream after all. But you only know this for the saddest of reasons. Bows head at the power of this piece. This is the strongest of the ones I have read today. To say well done doesn't seem right as this is just how things are for you, right? You just have to express things this way with this force. Not easy, but brilliant for an outsider to witness. Good luck!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this is an awesome poem, a definite pleasure to read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow, wow, WOW....I'm so speechless....all I can say is....I'm coming back to this, AGAIN and AGAIN.

Damn, Tish....damn.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 14, 2008
Last Updated on November 17, 2008

Author

Choosing Life
Choosing Life

Closer To Me...Nearer to Thee



About
I work and go to school fulltime so sometimes I have to post and run. It is just me and my little Yorkie, Prissy~ I could say more but no need... Read me and know me... Be Well. If you just must kno.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Juicy Juicy

A Poem by TamiViolet


Dusk Dusk

A Poem by Choosing Life