The End

The End

A Poem by Hayley
"

You left; I will never forget.

"
My body lay limp in the darkest corner of the room,
Memories shot through my mind,
My heart burst as thoughts engulfed me completely,
I choked, gasping for air.

"No," I cried in agony, hands reaching out towards the unknown, "NO!"

A piercing scream escaped my lips,
No one was ever going to come and rescue me now,
I was all alone,
I collapsed onto the cool, hard floor, consicousness diminishing into nothingness.

© 2010 Hayley


Author's Note

Hayley
I appreciate all reviews. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought this was good. It had nice descriptive words. I liked it. It was sad though. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. If I ever want to experience chills, I know where to go: this poem. However, it is a good chills and you did a good job with this poem. I was a little confused by the beginning and the ending line, however. They seem to contradict themselves, being as in the beginning you say "lay limp in the darkest corner of the room" and then go to say "collapsed onto the cool, hard floor." So I had assumed, with the first line, the person had already been on the floor and then to read that last line made me re-evaluate the poem, because it confused me. Overall, however, wonderful poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this. :] The use of uncommon vocab as well as blank verse, something used by many great poets.. This piece really gets you thinking what could have happened to lead to this. May I suggest lengthening it a bit? I'd like to read on if you were to decide to do so.. Either way.. Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2010
Last Updated on May 21, 2010

Author

Hayley
Hayley

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
I am a passionate writer, with a lot going on in my life that hands me inspiration. Don't think I ever said they were good things. I enjoy reading all genres of books. If you wish to know of my age th.. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just words Just words

A Poem by SamBug