Dramatic Life

Dramatic Life

A Poem by Actress999
"

My nickname explains this completely.

"
You know, I find that I treat my life like one big musical.
When I want to speak to people, I looking the mirror and practice what I will say, and how may face will look when I say it.
When I look at my clothes, I see a different person in each shirt. The t-shirt for the athlete, the vest for the laid back student, the dress for the sweet social. I find that I act like what I am wearing.
I hear stories from my friends and imagine what they looked like, and how the "scene" played out. I come up with how they looked, what they said, and their facial expressions.
When I lay down to sleep at night, I imagine something crazy. An event that would never happen to me, and I plan it out and play it through my head until I get it perfect.
Then there's the simple times when I first walk into school. As soon as I take my first step through the doors, I have my character for the day. Will I be energetic? Relaxed? A troublemaker? It's all been thought through and rehearsed.
And after school, when I open the doors to the auditorium and see the empty stage, lights shining down and making it glow, I imagine myself up there, gazing over the audience, while they applaud. I can't help it.
I love it.

© 2010 Actress999


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
Added on August 28, 2010
Last Updated on August 29, 2010
Tags: drama, life, dramatic, music

Author

Actress999
Actress999

About
I'm an aspiring actress (as my nickname suggests), that loves to spend a lot of free time writing. I believe that every person has their own way of looking at life, but I happen to like writing my out.. more..

Writing
Her Her

A Poem by Actress999


Truth Truth

A Poem by Actress999