It's Positive!

It's Positive!

A Story by Tori Heales

I knew.  They say that you do.  Before any tests confirm it, you just know and I knew.  Now before you say it, yes I know that we were trying but when you’ve been trying for 18 months and every month nothing comes of it you expect the usual results so it was strange to know, without knowing.  Yet I couldn’t get excited, it’s too good to be true, isn’t it?

 

In a way that small time between thinking that you know and confirming it is a happy medium, when you know well, a thousand feelings and thoughts fall from your head all the way to the floor with the heaviest of thuds and it forces you to sit.  Your heart beats so fast that you wouldn’t be shocked if it jumped out of chest and shock your hand with a ‘hearty’ “congratulations!”  But wait, you must stay calm you must keep your blood pressure down, shhh.
 
 
Breathe.
 
 
OK. Oh my god, I have to tell my love, I can finally tell her what she wants to hear even she doesn’t ask anymore so she’s not expecting it. Oh my god she is going to be so pleased.  I need to break this in such a way that it will be memorable, after all this is the happiest moment of my life, of our lives.  What shall I do, how?
 
 
Breathe.
 
 
I can’t stop looking at it, two lines.  That does mean positive doesn’t it, where’s the leaflet?
Yes. It definitely does mean positive.  I should do another one to check, best of three.
They’re all positive. Oh my god it’s happening.
 It’s happening.

© 2010 Tori Heales


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on August 25, 2009
Last Updated on November 22, 2010

Author

Tori Heales
Tori Heales

LDN UK, United Kingdom



About
Writing is a release. All of my work comes from the heart expressed through the head, if these experiences weren't had first hand, they were lived through my freinds and family, all of which are dear .. more..

Writing