Act 2

Act 2

A Chapter by Toufiq Alam
"

Shahin knew that he had nothing to console her mother. He had nothing at all to prove his worth or to put a smile on his mother’s face. Nothing………..

"

“That’s why I am telling you to have some patience!!” Mrs. Kabir said desperately to her husband, “It’s not Shahin only, there are hundreds of people like him who are unemployed! What can he do if no one wants to even listen to him for more than a minute? Do you not believe in him? He is trying his heart out!”

“Shut up!! You, woman, are the cause of all of my misfortune. You are a social trash and gave birth to a trash….and I am the one who is suffering. Only because I have married you I couldn’t go any higher in this society. I couldn’t possibly take a trash like you to a high class social gathering. You have destroyed my life and my career prospect. All the women of your family are the man eaters..!!! Your mom is alive but your father is dead, your uncle is dead but your aunt is alive…!!! You will be the cause of my death. What have I done to get such punishment? Why don’t you just die? ”

“So, you are telling me that I have done absolutely nothing for the past 31 years. I have done nothing for this family! Nothing at all!” Mrs. Kabir said helplessly. She just can’t bear to hear something so low from a person for whom she had devoted her whole life. For whatever the reason she was the one to get the harshest treatment. As a mother it was natural for her to protest when her son was being rebuked so badly but was it really necessary for her husband to go that far and say those words? She always wondered.

Suddenly the doorbell rang.

“Who is it?” Mrs. Kabir asked.

“Mother, it is me.” Shahin said.

Mrs. Kabir quickly opened the door. Though the fight seemed to stop long before Shahin knocked the door, it didn’t take long for him to understand something was wrong. His experience was talking.

He quickly and silently put his shoes away to the shoe stand and moved into his room.

“Mother!” Shahin called Mrs. Kabir.

Mrs. Kabir came to his room after a few minutes.

“What happened?” Shahin asked.

“Nah! Nothing!”

“Tell me, what is the problem?” Shahin persuaded his mother to tell the story.

“I will tell you later. By the way how did the interview go?” Mrs. Kabir tactfully changed the topic.

“Daaah!! Hopeless. That b*****d! He didn’t even care to ask a decent relevant question. But without asking he could tell that I am a trash of a human. I am sure the interview was just an eye wash. He must already have the position filled from the inside. He didn’t even ask a single question to test my knowledge, all he could was to show me how experienced he was at understanding one’s worth just by looking at one’s face. They should just die….All should just die…Damn it!!!” Shahin vented his frustration scornfully.

Mrs. Kabir heaved a heavy melancholic sigh. She dropped her head, and without saying anything left the room.

“Sons of b*****s!!” Shahin knew that he had nothing to console her mother. He had nothing at all to prove his worth or to put a smile on his mother’s face. Nothing………..

“Damn!!! You sons of b*****s!!! Die and go to hell, you…..” Shahin murmured.

 



© 2016 Toufiq Alam


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on October 20, 2016
Last Updated on October 20, 2016


Author

Toufiq Alam
Toufiq Alam

Writing
Act 1 Act 1

A Chapter by Toufiq Alam


Act 3 Act 3

A Chapter by Toufiq Alam


Act 4 Act 4

A Chapter by Toufiq Alam