One

One

A Chapter by Deja

My iPod went off. I worked all summer for today after leaving Arizona. I saved a bunch if money working to go shopping for real, to places I liked, to start at this new school. I had to buy a new board too, because my old basic skateboard broke from going back and forth from work. I set my chair up and threw my blanket into the passenger seat. the sun was barely up so the light was a pretty orange almost shining over the old abandon building I was staying behind. I never thought I'd end up in my car in California working part time in a sunglasses store in a mall living off of the wifi of the fast food restaurant next to where i parked to go to sleep at night. I cleaned my car up and myself. I put on a old dark green cargo like jacket and changed into so distressed skinny jeans with my worn out grey Vans that were once black. I put my long brown hair into a bun. I got out the car putting my iPod into my back pocket and headed to the fast food place.

I walked in and to the counter. The usual girl, Catherine, was there with a bored and tired look. She had the prettiest eyes and I was sure she was once popular or still is, wasn't sure how old she was.

"Hey Catherine." I said slowly as I came up.

"You've come here almost all summer, do you not eat at home?" she asked raising a eyebrow.

"No, I live alone, nearby." I answered.

"Okay...what do you want today?"

"Egg biscuit and orange juice that's it." I said then pulled out the 3.00 it cost giving it to her. She printed a receipt and took the money. I walked to the end of the counter to wait and not long some guy came over giving me the food. I took it and took a table and started eating. I had maybe 250.00 or 300.00 dollars to spend. It wasn't much but it'd be mostly what I'd wear throughout the year and maybe buy small extra stuff off of money I'd get over the weekend and after school. I finished my food and headed out to shop and possibly look for a apartment to stay in. I had never thought all this could be such a factor after leaving Arizona.


I didn't have any luck all day looking for a apartment. I bought a globe bantam board that was pink which I would need for going to school and leaving because I couldn't afford gas, four pairs of jeans plus five extra pairs I came with, and three t-shirts adding to my almost ten probably. I bought two dresses, one sun dress that was cover in small daisies and the other was a summer dress that was long but strapless with daisies too. I had .one skirt or two, one black and one white. Both mini skirts that I really liked. Last I bought some new vans, a special turquoise kind if blue but more blue and some black slides. I still had my Vans and some basic sneakers. I didn't buy much, just enough. I took all the stuff back and stuffed it into the trunk with my other stuff. I changed into my large white t-shirt theta was my Dads and plaid blue and purple pajama pants that kept me warm through the night. I set my chair back as it was that morning and tugged the same blanket onto me and went to sleep. The next morning I would have to get up even earlier to go to drive to the beach where the school was close to and where I could then shower and use the restroom from now until I find a place. I opened the sunroof of my Jeep and stared at the stars that were scattered along the sky in bunches. I wished for something better, a better life. Happiness. So I wouldn't run away, wouldn't have to. But tonight I was in my car sleeping under the stars, and compared to before it was better than anything.



© 2014 Deja


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on April 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 22, 2014


Author

Deja
Deja

SC



About
I like tacos, pizza, and Tumblr. more..

Writing
Intro Intro

A Chapter by Deja


Two Two

A Chapter by Deja


Flower Child Flower Child

A Book by Deja