Silent questions

Silent questions

A Chapter by Uc Amalu Jr
"

..the questions arise.. Original chapter two

"
I made my way back to the bar, still shocked at what I heard. What made it more surprising was that I heard it from the boss. And it was definitely about me. My concentration was gone, deep in my head I tried to make out his (Fitz) reason for saying that.
The boss had always mentioned that he liked me (not in the freaky kinda way). And some people say I'm like the son he never had. Okay! Then why doesn't he want me to know about the party?
I kept thinking to myself. It's a few minutes to six and a couple of dudes just walked in to the club - the Clenard brothers, they owned the bookstore a few blocks away. Jim Clenard, the eldest waved and walked towards me. Forcing a smile,I waved back absent-mindedly. Still focused on Jim, I saw Morgan Clenard put something down by the telephone. Shrugging, I got myself together.
"Good day Mr Clenard."
Jim laughed.
"That sounds nice, but 'Mr' is for husbands. I'm more of a lady's man." He climbed onto one of those long wooden bar stools.
I gave a wry smile.
"Men your age have got two kids, with one out of highschool." I said jokingly. Jim was just a few years older than me, about seven or eight years. And was four years ahead of Morgan.
He burst into laughter. "You are crazy Devon. What's up?"
"I'm still the same like last time you saw me. It's just that it's unusually empty here today." I said with a sigh.
"Chill dude, it's just six."
By then Morgan took a seat beside his brother.
"Howdy Dev?" he looked indifferent with the greeting.
"Morgan! Have you heard of Jim's wedding plans?" I smiled and walked away.
"What weddin plans?"
Jim still laughing said in a low tone
"Yeah, to Dev Mongit here"
Morgan got the joke, and grinned.
I still couldn't take my mind off Fitz and Slash's conversation,or quarrel. Maybe he didn't want me there (party), I thought to myself. But why? I didn't know.
***
I went out back to take out the trash from the previous night. The club had a fenced back which was mostly restricted to employees.
I did that quickly and
got back in but the Clenard brothers were gone. Instead, the boss sat were Jim was.
"Dev,come over here." he gestured to me. I walked over.
"The club will no open tonight, but I want you around here to do some work for me."
"Why are we not opening tonight?" I quizzed
"Ehm.. Nothing really. I've informed the rest."
There it was, the boss definitely didn't want me at the party, whatever it was for.
"I've got some work for you. Stay in until about ten, I'll see you then." he continued.
"okay boss." that was all I could mutter. He got up and walked out of the club.


© 2011 Uc Amalu Jr


Author's Note

Uc Amalu Jr
a nice chapter two?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on July 8, 2011
Last Updated on July 8, 2011
Tags: fiction, suspense, chapter two


Author

Uc Amalu Jr
Uc Amalu Jr

calabar, CR, Nigeria



About
I'm a young writer. creative. Remarkable. Okay! Now I'm bragging. A med student and wanna-be writer, not interested in any other thing-So when I ain't reading, I'm writing. That's all about me.. And .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Uc Amalu Jr


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Uc Amalu Jr


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Uc Amalu Jr