Chapter Ten: Dawn And Gone

Chapter Ten: Dawn And Gone

A Chapter by Uc Amalu Jr


Every second brought more light flooding through the bush, and he gave up trying to call the others for fear of rousing the dogs.
The sun rolled just clear of the horizon and as the morning light washed away the shadows before his eyes the whole landscape lay revealed in stark clarity. Then, suddenly, he was sure he felt the snake move again. Was it just another false alarm? But no, the movement was more definite this time. His terror reached a climax as he felt it uncoil and, with a long liquid thrust, weave its way once more towards his head. He closed his eyes so tight that it hurt them as the snake's endless length brushed past his cheek; then with a whip it was gone.
He rolled over, gave a stangled croak which woke the others. The undammed blood in his body ran riot, and the pain cut off sharply his incoherent babble of words. But, just before unconciousness enshrouded him, he knew he had just escaped death; he knew his death had been a bite away.

. . . THE END. . .


© 2011 Uc Amalu Jr


Author's Note

Uc Amalu Jr
This is the final chapter of 'Heaven is a bite away'. . Please note that all chapters (1 - 10) are short and adapted for easier reading and reviewing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on July 11, 2011
Last Updated on July 11, 2011
Tags: fiction


Author

Uc Amalu Jr
Uc Amalu Jr

calabar, CR, Nigeria



About
I'm a young writer. creative. Remarkable. Okay! Now I'm bragging. A med student and wanna-be writer, not interested in any other thing-So when I ain't reading, I'm writing. That's all about me.. And .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Uc Amalu Jr


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Uc Amalu Jr


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Uc Amalu Jr