Chapter 1: The Child of Darkness

Chapter 1: The Child of Darkness

A Chapter by Rachel McLean

I sat there in my bed, speechless, as I gazed into her dark eyes. They were like black wells, that had much more to them then they let on. I kept on staring at them, trying to find out just how much they hid. I finally snapped out of it and came to my senses. 
"W-who are you?" I stammered. The girl let out a faint chuckle, which kind of surprised me. At first glance, I had assumed she would be the kind of person who rarely displayed their emotions.
"How rude," she stated. "I was hoping you would be one to not judge a girl by her cover."
"What? How did you...?" I trailed off. It had almost been as if she had read my...
"Yes, yes, I can read minds." She stopped to smile. "But I honestly didn't think that my eyes were that intriguing."
 My mouth dropped, and instantly replied with, "No, no, no, you misunderstood! I've...I've just never seen black eyes before!" Her smile faded into a confused expression.
"How come?" she asked. "Different eye colors aren't limited to the CEs. I've known tons of people with black eyes."
"Long story short; I don't get out much. And you still haven't answered my first question. Who are you? And what are CEs?" I had forgotten that this girl was a stranger that had just broken into my bedroom while I was trying to get some rest. I decided to put the chit-chat off for later. I wanted to clear away at least some of my confusion.
"Well, you can probably guess that I'm this generation's Child of Darkness from this-" she ran her hand through her long, twilight-black hair to demonstrate. "And CEs is how we refer to the Children of the Elements nowadays. Its much quicker that way. Oh, and my name is Nyssa by the way."
"So...Nyssa. Can you tell me what the heck you're doing here?" 
"I've come to take you back to the Association. I'll explain what that is later, but I'm pretty sure your parents will be coming to check on you soon, so you'd better hurry up." She lunged at me, smoothly grabbing my wrist before i had time to jump back. Lightly tugging on my arm, she headed back towards the window. Nyssa was an incredibly intriguing girl, and not to mention another one of the Childre- CEs i mean. But I couldn't follow her just like that. 
"Listen, I'm sorry but I-" I began.
"Don't worry, Calix," she interrupted. "The people at the Association told me that you likely wouldn't cooperate at first." Her lean figure standing by the window flickered- actually flickered. 
"Sorry," Nyssa's voice echoed, seemingly coming from every direction. "I was really hoping that you'd comply though." I whipped my head about, attempting to find where she'd disappeared to. 
However, before i was able to find her, a tremendous force hit me on the back of my neck, and my vision grew as dark as Nyssa's twilight hair.


© 2016 Rachel McLean


Author's Note

Rachel McLean
I was going through some of my old stuff and came across the prologue for this story, and decided that it was finally time to start writing it. It is necessary to read that before reading this chapter, as i sort of started the first chapter in the prologue. Anyways, hope you all like it! Please be sure to tell me in the comment section below if there are any errors that need to be fixed. Thanks for reading!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on June 17, 2016
Last Updated on June 17, 2016


Author

Rachel McLean
Rachel McLean

MD



About
So, I haven't been writing for very long, but I definitely hope to improve. I prefer to do stories and novels, however my main purpose here is to work on my poetry. Other than writing, I love reading .. more..

Writing