Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Nine

Nine

A Chapter by Kasaundra

On my ride back home I couldn’t get Ami out of my head. I wanted to call her more and more as each second passed, but she wouldn’t want to hear from me. The thought of her last words to me made me want to start crying again. “I just can’t!” played repeatedly in my head as tears built up in my eyes. Thank the lord that it was only a three minuet drive between my house and the court house; it was getting hard to see with the buildup of tears forming in my eyes. I eased into the driveway and without thinking, pulled out my phone. I stared at it for a bit, then somehow, Ring. Ring. Ring. I was calling Ami

            “Hello?”

            “Ami? I’m sorry!” I cried into the phone. I didn’t know why I was sorry or what I should be sorry for, but I felt it was the only way for me to make things right again.

            “Daniella, I’m--.” I didn’t let her finish her sentence.

            “I know, I’m so f*****g stupid for everything I’ve done. I’m so f*****g stupid!” I began to bawl my eyes out, tears spewed out of my eyes like a sprinkler. “Ami, I love you. You’re my best friend, you’re my only friend, and I should’ve listened to you.”

            “No, Daniella, I’m sorry. I’m a terrible friend and you should hate me,” she started to cry, “I should have never been like that to you.”

 I didn’t know what to say. “Daniella? Are you there?” I managed to let out a tiny yeah. “Come over, we can talk about this.” She had a sound to her voice, almost higher in pitch than normal that let me know she cared.

            “No, it’s ok, I know you don’t want to be involved.”

            “Daniella, I’m sorry, I really, truly am. I don’t know what else to say,” she started to breath heavily and sob into the phone. “I wasn’t thinking, I was being selfish, I should have been there for you!”

            “I don’t blame you for anything you did,” I said honestly. I really should have listened to her and taken the ride home the other night.

            “Then come over, we can talk about this and patch everything up, please! Just come over!” She was begging me by this point and I knew from the high pitch tone in her voice that she was telling the truth and that she really did care about me.

            “Are you sure?” I asked, just to ease my own nerves.

            “Daniella!” she said in her high-pitched, squealing cry.

            “I’ll be right there.” I said as I put the keys back into the ignition and hung up the phone.



© 2014 Kasaundra


Author's Note

Kasaundra
This is yet to be read and edited not to mention was a quick write because I am trying to get everything in my head down before I lose it all. What do you think needs improvement?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on February 26, 2014
Last Updated on March 7, 2014
Tags: friends, rape, sexual assault, assault, court, trial, life


Author

Kasaundra
Kasaundra

Marshfield, MA



About
My name is Kasaundra but I go by Kassi. I'm very passionate about English and have been writing since I can remember.I write both poetry, fiction novels, and s.. more..

Writing
Stay Alive Stay Alive

A Poem by Kasaundra