at a loss

at a loss

A Chapter by lonewolfatheart
"

the beginning

"

she felt a certain arrogance come over her. of course he would die. there was no doubt because she would hit him where he least expected it. she would target his flaws. his weakness for the women. she wasn't a world class beauty, but she was far from the ugly duckling. with a little charm and grace she would have him in the palm of her hand and would rip out his soul where is counted. then she would let him die mercilessly. at any other time dakota's human side would be against hurting one's heart, knowing it's true pain. but she felt something snap within her tonight. the sympathy she held for those whose heart had ached for the ones that they loved was no longer present, as a matter of fact it was absent with a certain finesse that comforted her.not for once in her entire life she was cold to such an extent that she knew anything that targeted her emotions would be shot down and laughed at hysterically. no one would use her emotions agaisnt her ever again. she thought this to her self and smiled. now she would live up to her title as the hunter, the one who would end their existance. there was nothing holding her back and biting at her to remain tender and warm. there was no reason to come home with a smile and a pit of joy in her heart. she opened her eyes and observed her fathers memorial. she would do him proud. with that she rose to her feet and walked slowly and intently to diablo. she smirked, she was at a loss for words, but far from a loss.

she reigned diablo back towards the direction of the manor. she rode smoothly, her curls blowing out from underneath her cloak. she felt a sense of purpose again. in her mind she formulated a plot. she knew who she could turn to and get the looks she needed to fit the part. her witch sister, denali. denali vega was a spunky blonde who had brains to much her breath taking beauty. the second daughter of akasha vega, she was only two years younger than dakota, the daughter of akasha's current husband trent wasko. but since the vega bloodline was dominant for their gifts, it was ritual to keep the more violent surname. she could turn to her ice queen of a mother for the weapons and charms she would need. also additional hand to hand she may need in the palce. she would have to explain to her mother why jacque wasn't there and boy she will never live it down. she could hear her now. i told you dakota, love is nothing it is so easy to betray. you're one true love is to spill the blood of the unclean. and that's true. she did love it. more than anything. not only did she love it... oh she was good at it.

being half vampire half witch has it's perks. you age slower. she held the appearance of a twenty five year old but really held the age of 128. your body heals much quicker and you gain strength from everythign around you when you draw out it's energy. you have deadly fast reflexes and accurancy so precise yiu can strike and cripple your oppnant without concern for innocent bystanders. although you deal with them later. she thanked the demon goddess hecate for her blessings and ask graciously for the stregnth she would need in the preparations for her plan. she kissed her medallion and slowed diablo to a walk as the gates of eastwick manor appeared over the hill ahead.

maybe she would have some fun tonight with her newfound mind set. maybe the betrayer and his w***e woudl still be present. then she would make them both with that the devil himself had caught him. as she approached the home, it's aura felt empty. they were gone. damn, maybe another night. she dismounted diablo and left him unattended at the front doors. she pushed through the dual heavy wood doors and strode the house with a purpose. she ascended the stairs to the south wing, pushing through a smaller heavy cobalt door, which revealed the armory. she stepped immediately to her right and grabbed a long slender silver encrested scabbard. she grabbed the handle and drew the weapon a third of the way out and inspected it's contents. the thin titanium blade glistened even in the dim lighting. she'd never used this one before. she had it made for the ultimate battle. it was perfectly balanced, the razor sharp blade would cut through bone effortlessly. she would get use out of it soon. she fitted the weapon to her hip and went through the rest of her inventory. knives, charms and potions. she wrapped her knuckles in black linen, just in case of a ground fight she wouldn't tear up her hands. place another throwing knife in the top of her boot. she then walked towards the window and stopped at the painting on the wall and swung it towards her. the huge man revealed behind it gold stacked high and as far as the eye could see. she collected a considerable amount, placed it in a black velvet bag and placed in the black leather saddle bag where she'd placed the charms and potions. she slung the bag over her shoulder and locked to door behind her as she exited. her booted feet created hollow thuds that echoed throughout the abandoned house. she felt lonely. she was leaving anyway what did it matter. she walked down the marble steps and grabbed a massive steel lock off the banister and the chain that accompanied it. she closed both doors and placed the chain in between the handles and slammed the lock shut. she had no idea when she would return. or if she would for that matter. she looked at her looming empty mansion and felt a sting of pain as she replayed the evenings event sthrough her head. she still hurt. she was just strong enough to use the rage in a better way. it was time to begin her journey.

diablo grunted as she tightened the cinch around his stomach and tied the saddle bags in place. she pulled herself into the saddle and took a fianl look at the place she'd once called home.



© 2008 lonewolfatheart


Author's Note

lonewolfatheart
i know my spelling and grammar sucks so ignore it please?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on October 11, 2008


Author

lonewolfatheart
lonewolfatheart

the hot zone, CA



About
i'm kiley. i have a dark sense of humor. i enjoy it. i'm not normal. so what? more..

Writing
Bounty Bounty

A Story by lonewolfatheart